miss basketball AAA

lpmarlowe

i know alex fuller is an outstanding basketball player. not taking that away from her at all. but i dont believe she should be up for this years miss basketball. the reason i believe this is that of the 29 games Shelbyville has played this year she has only played in half of those. now to me miss basketball should be given to someone who has played most of the year not half a season. anyone have input into this. i am not bashing just curious.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I think that to able to sign a scholarship with anyone is a big accomplishment, but to sign with Tennessee is just amazing. That may have something to do with it. Almost all players from Tennessee that have signed with Pat have all been nominated for Miss Basketball that year. It may be because of the caliber of their program and how prestigious it is to even get looked at by them at all. I agree that Miss Basketball should be someone that played the whole year. She is a great, GREAT player but she was not Miss Basketball great this year due to injury. Shelbyville is a very respected program and they usually have a Miss Basketball Finalist every year. I think it should have been given to someone else that played the whole year and performed great all year, not to someone who played half the year. There is nothing we can do about the selection of her as one of the three finalists though. Things she has done over her career in high school and AAU prove much more than the other half of this season would have if she had of played in it. Maybe that was considered as well. She is a good player, and I look forward to watching her play for the Lady Vols next year. Good luck to all selected.

Ashleigh Newman is the best player in the state this year and will probably win the award hands down.

I agree, Showtime. Were you surprised that LaToya Bullard wasn't a finalist? Cait McMahan is very good, and will be amazing by the time she graduates, but she is not better than Bullard right now, something that Bullard has shown for the past 3 years while beating her AAU team in State Tourney, dominating her each time. Its not even close...

I agree, Showtime.  Were you surprised that LaToya Bullard wasn't a finalist? Cait McMahan is very good, and will be amazing by the time she graduates, but she is not better than Bullard right now, something that Bullard has shown for the past 3 years while beating her AAU team in State Tourney, dominating her each time. Its not even close...

Caramel,

I am usually a watcher of your posts and am usually very impressed with what I read. However I also know the History of the McMahan vs LaToya Bullard match ups in at least the last two AAU meetings. Please tell me if I am not correct on this.The Showboats beat the Stars twice...I agree on that. But wasn't the scores of the two games within the 3 pt. margin? As far as domination; if you can be factual with your assessment I would hardly think 3 pts in those two games was domination. Yes, i know that Jessie was hurt in the last AAU meeting. If you were at the games, you will agree with me that the best thing that one can say is that there were two very fine teams going at it . Mutual respect was shown by both teams. The match up of Cait verses LaToya was a stand off. Both girls have played with or against each other in state and national tournys. I feel that both girls are extremely talented players. To call one dominant over the other would be a show of a lack of respect for two great girls, both on and off the court. I would feel very confident to start a college team with either. Your opinion is of course yours, but I figured I would express mine.

Caramel,

I am usually a watcher of your posts and am usually very impressed with what I read. However I also know the History of the McMahan vs LaToya Bullard match ups in at least the last two AAU meetings. Please tell me if I am not correct on this.The Showboats beat the Stars twice...I agree on that. But wasn't the scores of the two games within the 3 pt. margin? As far as domination; if you can be factual with your assessment I would hardly think 3 pts in those two games was domination. Yes, i know that Jessie was hurt in the last AAU meeting. If you were at the games, you will agree with me that the best thing that one can say is that there were two very fine teams going at it . Mutual respect was shown by both teams. The match up of Cait verses LaToya was a stand off. Both girls have played with or against each other in state and national tournys. I feel that both girls are extremely talented players. To call one dominant over the other would be a show of a lack of respect for two great girls, both on and off the court. I would feel very confident to start a college team with either. Your opinion is of course yours, but I figured I would express mine.

Yes both games have been good, but I think this past year's game was not as close. I never said the team dominated the Stars because both teams are awesome, but I have the game tape to back up what I say if you want a copy to see it again. LaToya had to do a lot more scoring in the game this past summer than the previous two since Jessica was hurt and no one on their entire team could do anything to stop her...and since you say you saw the game, you know that. That's not to take anything away from Caitie...she is an excellent player and is the heart and soul of that team and any basketball team she plays with! I just stated what I thought about the whole thing in my previous post and that's that.

As for you expressing your opinion, I think its great...that's what we have them for. As for mine, I really believe what I wrote and think long and hard most times while attempting to post something that can be analyzed or could have some truth to it. I'm a pretty smart person and I'm not usually extreme with anything I say...in this case, my opinion won't change...period. And I know you respect that as I respect what you feel and believe.