can young teams be serious competiors

hotcorner

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. And I cant stand when people get mad because a coach cuts an older player and keeps a younger player who is at the same talent level. The reasoning for this is obvious. If he keeps the younger player, then he's got that much more time to work with that player. The older kid won't be able to give as much to the team!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

I think in some cases, however, a senior should have spot on the team, only if he is well respected and basically it would be out of respect if that coach doesn't think he is able to compete at the competition level. My high school coach in FL but 3 seniors on the team that by far had no business being there, but it was out of respect and it was their last year in high school, so I guess he figured they (the seniors) wanted to end it on a good note. I do agree with most of your comments, younger players will get more time to develop.

This thread turned into should young players play ahead of seniors.The question was can young teams compete?The answer is yes.All teams no matter what age can compete.But to excell they must have TALENT and CHEMISTRY.A team loaded in one area can compete but a team must have balance in all areas to excell and win a championship.A truely good team doesn't worry about what class there in they worry and care about each other as teammates.

i could take a group of sophmores and win state in any classification, even against seniors. ANY DAY

Hey, can I pick which sophomores you get and which seniors I get?

One of the implications of your boast is that those sophomores you mention won't get better as they get older, right? In fact, they must get worse as they age. Otherwise, it couldn't generally be the case that sophomores can beat seniors, as you say.