Sevier County vs. Powell

schsbears

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

etsu, about the last comment. What is that supposed to mean? Both games Kayla ended up fouling out and Brooke had 23 and 32 against her. I think she handled her getting physical.

He didnt mean anything negative towards brooke. He just said that kayla will be ready if you want to get physical. Its not a news flash, i'll admit it kayla is a very physical player, but she gets the job done. Dont make a comment into something its not. Kayla will be ready, along with the rest of the bearettes after the scare last night. Look for them to be fired up and press all night long.

I know Kayla is a physical player, I have watched her play since the 5th grade but how can he post that she did something to stop Brooke and that she got the job done when Brooke put up the number she did? She did have a very good offensive game at SC when they beat Seymour, I will give her that and she is not scared of anybody, but to say she got the job done against Brooke is a little off the wall, don't you think. Go Lady Eagles and Go Lady Bearettes, as I have said several time, see you in the state.

i don't have a favorite in this game and i wont be upset over the outcome. but i have seen both teams play, and whoever said this was a great matchup.......was right both teams are gonna have to come to play. sevier co is pretty darn good when they come to play. but then again Powell is right there with them when they come to play, so i am looking for it to be a great game...no prediction should be a nail biter

The run is over and the the game with South Doyle just proves it. The Lady Panthers might be in the game early but they aren't tournament tested at the state level and will falter in the third and fourth quarters just as they faltered during the district tourney. They peaked too early in the year and have been fighting up hill ever since Christmas. I haven't seen the improvement in the team that it takes to finish on a positive note going into the high stakes games of the tourney. The Lady Panthers played with more intensity early in the season and teams are now exploiting their weaknesses... press offense and guard play. Yeah, they've won big in some games but I have yet to see the intensity that it takes to win a state championship. They are a class group of girls but I think that SCHS will win by double digits.

Edited by TheQuestion9

Interesting match-up. Powell's size and toughness, and Sevier County's quickness and heady-play. Give Coach Huskey and Coach Ward a couple of days to put together a defensive-game plan-and they are almost unbeatable. If Redding keeps up her deadly shooting, it will be a long night for Powell because you know what you are going to get from Uner and Broyhill. Sevier County in a close one:

Sevier-52, Powell 46

I agree, SC will eat up Powell's guards.  Powell's only hope is to turn Unger loose, to me she has played too tentatively lately.  However, I don't think that will happen.  SC by 25.

i would love to see that. And the 25 point win. but i think it might be closer. either way it will be a game for everyone to see two of the top programs in east AAA.

Edited by schsbears

I know Kayla is a physical player, I have watched her play since the 5th grade but how can he post that she did something to stop Brooke and that she got the job done when Brooke put up the number she did? She did have a very good offensive game at SC when they beat Seymour, I will give her that and she is not scared of anybody, but to say she got the job done against Brooke is a little off the wall, don't you think. Go Lady Eagles and Go Lady Bearettes, as I have said several time, see you in the state.

I didn't mean she shut her down, I'm just sayin she got physical with her. It's impossible to shut her down. I'm not sayin if Powell puts Ogan in there with Kayla she will shut her down, but if Ogan wants to throw her big body around, she can expect some elbows flyin towards her face, and thats just the way Kayla plays, she always has, I've played against her.

Good Luck to all three SC teams. (SC,Seymour,PF)