District 4aaa Scrimmages

ReadytoRumble

Guess who,

I was not trying to take away anything from the kid by saying how hard he was throwing bc i was just going by what the guns said, or by talking about him holding runners. He was impressive like I said, but something not impressive was how 3rd base was stolen off him three times never giving the catcher a real chance... there is more to holding runners than a good pick up move, its not called varying your times and looks, he did not do that. Sorry if i offended you by giving the kid a lot of a credit and a little constructive critism.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden and Halls got in 4 complete innings before the floods came. The scrimmage ended in a 5-5 tie. Lockwood started for Halls, looked pretty good.

Brian Jester and Chris Getz pitched for Bearden. Each team hit one home run.

Sorry for no more info than that. I'll take West Knoxville traffic any day over trying to get to Halls during rush hour.

I'll take West Knoxville traffic any day over trying to get to Halls during rush hour.

You said it. I always hear people complain about Kingston Pike. Give me Kingston Pike anyday over North Broadway/Maynardville Hwy. with its 1000s of redlights. :rolleyes:

West scrimmages Halls next week (weather willing).

Don't quote me on this, because I got there in the bottom of the second. The score was 2-0 at that point, with Lockwood pitching. Then Bearden made back to back errors allowing another couple of runs to score making it 4-0. Bearden did battle back, eventually taking the lead at 5-4. Halls scored 1 run in the bottom of the 4th to tie it. The bottom of the 4th was played in a driving rain, but we got it in before that big crack of lightning.

So far, Bearden has tied Webb 3-3, tied Halls 5-5, and beat Oak Ridge 13-9.

the william blount maryville game went quite well for the governors. They hit 4 bombs bc the wind was blowing like crazy. No offensive standouts. the second baseman had a few good stops but no play. Short had some very aggresive plays he played them hard. The score should have been alot worse. WB still does not have there short stop back, but will this coming week. looks like the govs arent looking as bad as some think. Just wait and see. ;)

The govs threw- daniel holden, craig wojo, matt stott all threw very well. couldnt hit craig for nothin. lookin good as usual. stott came in and closed it all out

rebels- cade thompson, Bill burns, andrew clement

Blake still must not be up to full strenth right now... summer and fall Blake averaged 88-89, hitting 92 occasionally. "His pickoff move is probably better than Andy Pettites," guesswho said that quote- you'll never guess! Please never say Blake needs to do a better job holding on runners- im not exaggerating when I say he use to pick off 3-5 runners on base a game. Proof- ask the Universities of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina... they were all in attendance when he would pick off that many baserunners. I heard Cleveland played bad defense behind him yesterday- any truth to that?

his pick off to first is the only thing he has for holding runners on... but one thing... is a good pick off move to first good when they are on 2nd... or is a good pick off move good when the middle infield and catcher get delayed on??