WBIR is bad

OrangeCrush23

I was just watching WBIR sports with Mark Packer. These are his exact words "A lot of good games out there. You just gotta pick a region and watch those 4 games because you can't watch them all." Well, the region they went to and filmed was not good at all. Sure, A-E and Alcoa are good, but the competition wasn't. Harriman, Greenback, Oneida, Loudon, Kingston. Not one game was close, no upsets, and the teams were lower quality that the Clinton region. In our region, no game was decided by more than 3 (I don't know the score of the Farragt-Karns game), with a HUGE upset with Halls beating Bearden. I didn't see that coming. I'll be the first to say, congratulations to Tyler Jones and their fans and team (even though I hate their student section. They think they are so much richer than we are, they told us to go home to our food stamp cards :huh: . And started the chant "warm the trailer" against our "warm the bus" chant. Too bad I don't have food stamps or live in a trailer. All you guys are is Maynardville West). Wow, that would be the last team I would suspect to beat a #1 seed. Just hope you don't have to play Clinton again.

The reason I'm ranting is this whole year, it seems like WBIR has had no respect for Clinton...even when we won the District Championship, they only showed 2 seconds of the game. They were there for the Oak Ridge-Powell game. There was no footage of us beating Oak Ridge, in fact we are lucky if we are mentioned in the segment. Like tonight, he talked about the Halls upset, the Maryville buzzer-beater, but didn't say anything about the #1 seed taking care of business against WB. What's up with that???

Maybe what Clinton has to do to gain respect is beat a good Maryville team tomorrow night and go out and win the region. If Clinton still doesn't get the respect they deserve then I think it will take a while. But keep in to consideration 4 or 5 of Clintons losses was out of state during Christmas tournaments against some of the very top teams in the nation.....And Clinton never got blown out in a single one of those games.

top teams in chicago, not nation, and cumberland county is a real powerhouse

Hoops4ever...

Are you being sarcastic about Cumberland County being good? At the time we beat them (at their house, no less) by 29, they had only lost 3 games, and 2 of them were to Bradley Central. They put up a good game at the Den and came out with a win because of their 3-point shooting. Cumberland is a good team, so I hope you're not being sarcastic about it.