NCS boys better get ready for CPA

Guest doubledouble101

So I guess you think there is not a single big man CPA has played that knows how to play defense?

Im just saying that #52 let him go past him about 5 times without moving his feet. Coach told him numerous times that he goes to his right almost every time, and he was right. House only went to his left once, and he shot it off the side of the backboard. There is no excuse for letting a 6'4'' center drive from the 3 point line to the rim numerous times.

Edited by hsfootballfan10

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say good game to CPA and good luck the rest of the season I will be pulling for you guys. CPA has a good team and has what it takes. NCS couldnt have beat anyone tonight and you add that with good defense from CPA and good prepration from CPA then you get the game you got tonight. I have to give it to CPA's coach for being completely ready for this game, CPA knew everythign NCS was going to do and when they were going to do it. Best of wishes to Sykes and CPA.

NCS03, your boys had a good year. I really like David Anderson and Chris Walker. My son used to play with them in a fall league, I helped coach a little. They have really turned into good players.

Know you defend him, but it is really a shame J. Anderson has a good game and acts the way he does. There's more to winning in life than athletic skills.

CPA coach got outcoached in the NCS loss earlier in the year. Since then, he has really improved his relationships with the players, loosened up a bit, and they have responded to him with better play.

Thanks for the good wishes. By the way, it's Sikes, not Sykes.

So I guess you think there is not a single big man CPA has played that knows how to play defense?

Im just saying that #52 let him go past him about 5 times without moving his feet. Coach told him numerous times that he goes to his right almost every time, and he was right. House only went to his left once, and he shot it off the side of the backboard. There is no excuse for letting a 6'4'' center drive from the 3 point line to the rim numerous times.

He is effective driving because he is quicker than most big men and a good ball handler. If you don't come out to guard him, he hits the 3. If you do press him out high, he can go right by you to the right even if you know he will because he is quicker and dribbles well.

Puckett plays with a bunch of nobodys.  Hobgood could score about 15 a game for McEwen.

To be honest with you those nobodies helped McEwen to a 20+ win season which is pretty dang good. And considering how Puckett can not guard 5 people at once those nobodies can play pretty tight D. All the NCS games were low scoring, and Puckett didn't guard all of NCS's many shooters, Jo Byrns(even though they aren't good) had 9 points through 3 quarters against them, so either Puckett has 4 arms to play D with or whether you like it or not the McEwen "role players" as it would seem, are good. And again according to the stats, with the exception of the Harpeth game Puckett was the leading scorer but he didn't have the majority of their points.

I'm not trying to get into a big argument with you so don't give any smart comments because I just gave facts.

Edited by bballintheworld

If he's that good he should have like, 30 a game. House is a solid player, but not the cream of the crop. Sikes and Ferrell are both better and on the same team.

You usually make more intelligent posts than that. I'm disappointed.

So he's not good unless he averages 30? Well, that eliminates every player in Middle Tennessee from your "good list". I stick with what I said. House is underrated, is hard to defend and proves it by averaging close to 17 playing about 3 quarters a game against good competiton. If House is not good and your #52 is such a bad defender, why didn't every team's big man score 30 against NCS this year?

I agree that he is quicker than most big men and can put the ball on the floor and that is why he scored, but that is still unacceptable. all #52 had to do was slide his feet and beat him to the spot and he wouldnt have been nearly as effective. House is a good player, but he was poorly defended tonight. many other post players do put up a lot of points against ncs, but ncs usually doesnt have to have their center guard someone as quick as house. Jarrett guarded him for half the game (or more) and I dont remember him scoring one basket on jarrett.

To be honest with you those nobodies helped McEwen to a 20+ win season which is pretty dang good. And considering how Puckett can not guard 5 people at once those nobodies can play pretty tight D. All the NCS games were low scoring, and Puckett didn't guard all of NCS's many shooters, Jo Byrns(even though they aren't good) had 9 points through 3 quarters against them, so either Puckett has 4 arms to play D with or whether you like it or not the McEwen "role players" as it would seem, are good. And again according to the stats, with the exception of the Harpeth game Puckett was the leading scorer but he didn't have the majority of their points.

im not trying to start an argument but just because they can play defense (sortof) and make lay-ups doesnt constitute them as any higher than nobodys in my book. Puckett gets so much attention that all they have to do is make wide open shots (usually lay-ups).

Divepix...this is jarrett anderson

i never read this stuff on here because i figured that this is all it would be...just a buncha of nobodys that sit on here and talk bad about everyone else...

i put my forearm in House's chest cuz he was talking. i talk too and i know that, but winning or losing by 20 no one is going to be talkin to me and me not let them know that thats not going to happen

and as my dad goes...i dont need any excuses for the way i act. my basketabll career is over (i know this because im 6 feet tall and 200 lbs) so all you can get some sleep at night and forget about my "bad attitude" and how much of a "punk" i am. also for all you that acts like coaching has something to do with the game...your idiots

CPA was better than us last night. Sikes and House are one of the best 1/2 punches around. I gave up 28 @ CPA guarding House. We let #52 try and it didnt work out. I dont think House scored one time the rest of the game when i was on him. Anyways, there is really no reason for you to talk bad about my dad. If you want to argue with me about it call me or something. You dont gotta put it on CoachT so the whole world thinks my dad reflects my attitude. I have nothing against CPA and i hope ya'll go all the way and if ya'll win tonight then ill be there rooting for ya'll monday in the sub-state. It was a good game and ya'll dominated us all night long. As for the McEwen Fans...That is MYYYY house forever. None of ya'll will ever forget i threw it to Cam to beat you on your court!!