Cheatham Co. 71, Giles Co. 57

PageMan

Giles Co............11...18...13...15.....57

Cheatham Co....13...21...18...19.....71

Cheatham Co. 71 - Casey Attebery 31, Kris Nolen 20, Abby Lawson 10, Samantha Koelman 8, Katie Batts 2

Giles Co. 57 - Aljanise Ewing 20, Robin Leslie 15, Taylor Wade 11, Whitney Ballentine 6, Aldenise Ewing 3, Chancey Parsons 2

Three Point Goals:

Cheatham Co. 5 (Nolen 3, Attebery 2)

Giles Co. 1 (Alj. Ewing)

Team Free Throws:

Cheatham Co. - 22 of 24 (91.7%)

Giles Co. - 14 of 29 (48.3%)

Team Fouls: Cheatham Co. 21, Giles Co. 18

Team Turnovers: Cheatham Co. 12, Giles Co. 13

Casey Attebery was simply fantastic - 31 pts., 2 threes, 13 of 14 FT's - hard to beat thoses stats. Kris Nolen - 21 pts., 3 threes, 5 of 6 FT's - also very good. Cheatham was too quick for Giles. Giles lost a lot of points at the line and only 1 three. Also, disappointing for Giles - Aldenise Ewing's 3 pts. Robin Leslie had only 4 pts. at the half, although she did finish with 15. While Aljanise Ewing led Giles with 20 pts., and 1 three, she was 11 of 18 from the line however. Other Giles players also missed free throws though out the game that could have helped their cause. Cheatham was the better team tonight.

The obvious key to this game was free throws. If all free throw attempts had been made by both teams, the Lady Cats from Giles County would be playing in the sub-state game Thursday. I am not sure what was wrong with the Giles Co. girls, they have been so good at shooting all season. Mabey it was the long bus ride from Pulaski to Montgomery Central, making that drive three times in a 48 hr. period is very tiresome.

Girls you have nothing to be ashamed of. you al did a great job this season. I would like to wish all the Seniors the best of luck with their post-high school plans, and I look forward to seeing Leslie somewhere in the collegiate ranks next year. For the rest of you that will be returning, keep working hard and make the Lady Cats from Giles Co. an annual contender in the Buro again.

Edited by gilesAGR

gilesAGR, I'll give your post an AMEN. These girls had a great season, and they always seemed to play with alot of heart. It's a shame that they had an off night on such an important game, but they still make me proud to be from Giles Co. I will also say good luck to all the seniors as they go on, either to play ball or just study in college. And to the rest of you lady bobcats, focus on next year; I know yall will have another great season! Oh yeah, I talked to Robin today, and she was very scatched up, on her face especially...Cheatham Co. played very rough. I think that is uncalled for. Maybe the refs at their next game will call some of that stuff, I mean, really! That is all.