Goodpasture vs DCA

slt

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan's game was a little off last night. According to other posts, Bodiford played well. I agree, those two may very well make the difference in the game. However, watch out for the sleepers that do the dirty work in the shadows! (Hutchison and Winfree!) These two teams during the regular season and tournament have been well-worth the cost of admission. Should be a good game!

I hope that DCA wins, they deserve to get to the state. There was a time when DCA girl's basketball would get beat by thirty points or more. They took it on the chin numerous times against the Ezells and University Schools. Its great that a school like DCA can develope talent like Bodiford who has been there since kindergarden and turns its program around. Its been a long row to hoe, but its good to see that the harvest has been plentiful. Good luck to the lady wildcats.

Gov, I totally agree with DCA no longer being a doormat. Seems with a lot of hardwork and a little luck both of these teams have risen to the top. I remember when DCA was the doormat about 10 years ago to just about any team they played, and I remember two years ago when Goodpasture was the district doormat right after the doormat's doormat, Lighthouse Christian. Both of these squads have exerted tremendous effort to be where they are now, not just by being in tonight's game, but to be experiencing the success they are experiencing right now in their programs.

I know tonight's game will be a great game. However, I think I am speaking for a multitude by saying that neutral court is great, but playing an hour and a half away from home to determine who gets to play at home is a little crazy. Fair in the whole scheme of things, but crazy! :o Good luck, I'm rooting for the felines in blue and gold! Haha! :blink:

4 man very true Goodpasture was very much a doormat 2 yrs ago. The team was very young last year and leaned heavly on Kristin Morgan who was just a sophmore and Michelle Wright who was a junior. Toni Hutchinson has stepped us this year as have the rest of the girls. The cougars only loose 2 Seniors and Weissinger and Payne should be able to step in just fine next year. Next year should be a good year for the lady cougars with the senior leadership of Kristin Morgan, Toni Hutchison and Heather Lanius who have all started since their Sophmore year.