CPA hosts Wayne co.

Guest doubledouble101

Guest doubledouble101
CPA is playing there best ball right now. I dont know much about Wayne Co. So i dont really know what to expect. Does anybody know anything about these two teams and how they will match up agianst each other. I know one factor and that is its at CPA and the gym should be rocking with me and boys in the crowd. Hopefully we can make a difference in CPA winning and know that winning region to bring it back home was just a waste. Should be a good game. GO CPA!

CPA has lost one game at home this year, against the non-TSSAA College Heights team. I'm sure WC is a formitable foe, but so was DCA, Temple, Ezell, FRA, NCS and GP who all came to CPA and lost.

At this point in the season, an off night can doom you. All teams that are left are good.

CPA is a hard team to play if you haven't played them before because their speed is not something teams are used to.

Wayne Co. is a VERY talented club. They are a good team. They have some great outside shooters and ball-handlers in J.D. Byrd and Lance Nutt. They have a 'defensive stopper' in Charlie Mosley, and they also have some great post presence as well. Justin Bryant is probably their best player... about 6'4 or so, he can go inside-outside and can take over a game if he makes a couple of shots. Tyler York and WC's talent-filled bench is hard to match as well. CPA is a GREAT school and have some of the BEST people that I have ever met in my life. I expect this to be a great game. I am impartial about this game honestly, but I think that I will have to go with my fellow Wayne Countians bring home the win. I wish CPA much luck and if it comes out that they win, they deserve it. They are some wonderful people and I think that this will go down to the wire because I know that CPA is just as talented as WC. Good luck to both teams.

WC by 2 in regulation, but if it goes into OT I give it to CPA by 3

I know nothing at all about CPA's Basketball team But I hear they have only lost --->one<-- game at home thats pretty impressive.But thats regular season games. This is the game determind to see who makes it closer to the championship game. This Game will come out with the winning team that wanted the championship the most. Good luck CPA and Lets go Wildcats

Atkins

Edited by Bighurt

I dont' think anyone comes out lazy with trip to M'boro on the line. I don't know about WC, but CPA has never got past round of 16 and has never played a substate game at home, so they will play as hard as they can.

At this point, all teams are good and potential state champs. A good or bad night shooting will usually be the difference in a win or loss. That is why home court makes a big difference. You usually shoot better at home.

I don't know much about CPA I hear that House and Sikes are pretty good players. Wayne Co is a good ball team with a big bench playing 9 or 10 players every game their two best players are probably Bryant 6'5 SG and Byrd 5'9 2G. I believe this game will be a good one probably going down to the wire.

I don't know much about CPA I hear that House and Sikes are pretty good players. Wayne Co is a good ball team with a big bench playing 9 or 10 players every game their two best players are probably Bryant 6'5 SG and Byrd 5'9 2G. I believe this game will be a good one probably going down to the wire.

Sikes is as good as it gets in 1A. Will be strong contender for Mr. Basketball and Mr. Football next year. Just a tremendous athlete being recruited already by D1 teams in both basketball and football.

House is very hard to guard at about 6'5" because he can hit the 3 but if he is matched up against a slower big man who tries to guard him outside, he is quick to the basket off the dribble. Playing football the last 2 years has really toughened him up and made him a better basketball player. He is very competitive and comes on strong in big games.

CPA's other 3 starters are all athletic and extremely quick which makes their pressure defense hard to run an offense against. They totally took away NCS's 3-point shot in the Regions and NCS averaged about 8-10 3 pointers per game. If Hobgood or Ferrell played on a weaker team, they would average probably 16-20 per game.

CPA has 4 juniors off the bench who are all experienced players and good athletes, so they are deep. Their depth and conditioning help them win a lot of games in the 4th quarter.

I think they can go all the way.

from what i see on here, CPA has a lot of speed so im assuming that they like to run and gun. if that is so then this will be a great game cause wayne co plays the same way. wayne co plays good defense so if they come out shooting descent i think they will win. hopefully they wont shoot 20 percent like they did against Summertown. coach franks is a great coach and he will definetly have his team prepared for this game. maybe they wont hold it the whole 3rd quarter like they did against fra, lol. maybe they will actually play a whole game of bball and the best team come out on top. wayne co has not been to the substate in about 10 and i have not been to the state tournament since about 89. i know they will be fired up for this game and leave everything on the floor. cant wait until tomorrow.

Edited by whosyadaddy

From the few times that i have seen CPA play i think that ferrell is what really makes them go.House hasnt really impressed me that much(ive only seen them like 4 times though), and sikes is tough. Hogbod is a good role player but 16-20 somewhere else is a little stretch. The little #5 is pretty quick also.Should be a good game.Im going to say CPA by 7-13, with free throws opening it up down the stretch.