Dragons back on FIRE

cdragonz123

There was soccer and baseball practice both of those times. But the people not playing those sports did show up. It's still pethetic to have that few fans at a region championship game. Ok, maybe you had 7 guys jumping. But i believe that Farragut crowd was more hype even though they had fewer. I wish Clinton luck Monday night. It's great to see administration do somthing for sports, because they don't do it at Farragut.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Clinton is playing their best ball of the year right now. They have truely learned how to win the close ball games, which is a huge advantage this time of year. Also, with the comeback win against Maryville, they know they are never out of any ballgame, which again makes them tournament tough. If I had any wish for Clinton it would be that the played in the set with Morris and Freeman in at the same time more often. I love this set because on D, the other three guys can really gamble; overplay passing lanes, go for steals, and get in guys faces, because even if they get beat, they have time to recover when the ballhandler tries to deal with the twin towers. On offense, smaller teams use up too many players helping out low, so that the sharp shooting Dragons have lots of space on the perimeter, and can kill you from there. If opponents don't help out low you have size mismatches all night long. Anyway, with Shoemaker coming into his own, Clinton is getting really deep, and I think can beat anybody in the state, best of luck the rest of the way!

I will be 100% honest with you all i dont care if anyone gets on here and attempts to make fun of me for saying this comment. I believe the Clinton Dragons can play with any team in the state right now and not loose by 10 or more points. They are on fire and alot of teams dont match up will with us. The dragons are "state bound"

I think the Dragons are playing great team ball right now....i know whitt gives them more depth and 20 points a game....but i think they are playing better basketball right now without him...You don't have him coming down and shooting the 30 foot jump shots....I hope the dragons pull it out on Monday......

FYI Clinton Fans. The Science Hill Hill-Toppers are not new to the Post Season. This is the most Playoff experienced team in the State over the last 20 years.

I can tell you this. Not many teams can be a Road Team in a big game and have the Home Team intimedated. Science Hill can be a very imposing oppenent, on the road. They did win their last 8 regular season road games.

I hate the Toppers, I hope you whip their butts. But, don't expect to. They will FREAK OUT you ball handlers. You are going to see an all outfull court press foir 4 qtrs. Unless you can prove to them that pressure D is no problem. Do that and you can win. Allow the Toppers to stay in the press for the entire game, and you have no chance of winning.

I know one thing, there is nowhere in this state where more home cookin goes on than at Science Hill. I've seen it first hand, and it's the closest thing to outright cheating I've ever seen. From that perspective, I think Clinton has dodged a huge bullet by earning this game at home. I don't expect Clinton to have too much trouble with up tempo defense, as long as they don't get suckered into making it a track meet, as happened early this year with McMinn. If Clinton controls tempo, and uses there big men as targets and screeners against the press, they'll have no problems there. Overall I expect a tough game, but as I've posted earlier, Clinton knows how to win in these pressure games.

When I read the post about the full court defense for 4 quarters, it made me a little more worried about the game. Maryville did a very good job with pressure d, and forced about 4 or 5 turnovers off of it. I've noticed in the last 2 games (maybe even WB), that passing has been a little lazy for us. I'm sure Lockard will have them 100% ready for the Toppers. I have no doubt that SH is a good team, in fact they have to be to make it this far, but that's just it, we've made it this far too. We're not going to roll over and forfeit because of good pressure D. We have proven this season we can break it and if we do it succesfully we can have a lot of easy buckets with players moving well without the ball. I am so proud to be a part of the OrangeCrush and to be involved with this team. I've been a big supporter for the last 4 years, but never involved like this. Even if we don't have the game at the Dragon Den (I will be very dissapointed) and have it at Maverick Gym, it will still feel like a home game. It's only 5 minutes from our school and it's in the good ole County of Anderson. I'm sure even some Wildcats and Mavericks will make it to the game. If you want to, come out and support the County against the rest of the state. But if you want to let our rivalries keep you from enjoying what promises to be a good game, go ahead. Orange Crush will be in full effect and louder than ever the ENTIRE game!!! No matter what happens, I'm so proud to say I'm a Dragon and it's been a great season...4 more games to go boys!!

Hey guys.. CONGRATS, to everyone that has made it this far.. whether ur playin ur substate game @ the house or on the road.. But I have a few comments to make on both the teams of Clinton and Farragut.. three times we played Farragut and twice they beat us.. once by like 13 and another by 2.. and we beat them once by 4.. Clinton we play once w/ both teams missing a star player and lose by 3.. Not to bad for a team that wasn't even gonna make it past the second rd. of district play if u ask me.. But hey Clinton plays Science Hill @ home..?.. and Farragut goes away to the kingsport.. Farragut can beat kingsport but they will have to play a complete 32 minute game. not a 30 or a 31 min. game.. and for Clinton.. STATEBOUND.. Clinton comes to play and hits a few outside shots and goodbye SH.. WB played SH up there and lost by 1.. make another play or hit another stop or get another rebound and we win.. Clinton's inside presence will give SH more than they can handle.. trust me #44 game me a good shot of being dunked on!.. Those two guys are j/ to big and STRONG for SH's big men to guard them.. and as far as the whole thing for Clinton CAN'T BEAT A BC or a WS. give me a break guys.. u've gotta play the game.. nothing is ever handed to you... Clinton can beat anyone in the state so don't be surprised.. Their student section might be a bunch of punks but they do a great job in supporting their team so w/e gets the job done.. Bradley Central was only up on WB by 3 at the half w/ kellen.. so once again a couple more plays and that's a dif. game so don't underestimate the dragons.. give them props.. they deserve it... they keep winning and j/ keep getting negative things said about them.. j/ like Farragut.. BE PROUD OF THEM.. THEY'RE REPRESENTING OUR REGION.. GO DRAGONS/ADMIRALS. good luck guys.. make it to state..

And to the "Nobody likes cocky kids" how could you even say that. Did Halls beat Bearden.....yeah I think they did. Did we beat Halls by 57.....yeah I think we did. Don't get me wrong I am not saying we would beat Bearden by 57. But believe me were not going to be a push over to anyone. Whats everybodys problem with Clinton? Are they not 24-6 with teams inside TN. Can we not get any respect, we just beat 3 great teams in the Region, and what I think one of the toughest regions beside Region 7 and 8. Our boys have worked hard all year. And yeah pal there were more than 6 people jumping. And I have a question for you fair weather fans of Farragut where were you guys Thursday. There were more Clinton guys there than you all.

farragut fans were actually doing other stuff like practicing for a state championship baseball and soccer team thank you very much

I agree, there were more than 6 people jumping whether you say so or not. And yes I was right there in the middle right in the front row, you might have seen me waving goodbye to your players and student section. To say "Bradley is laughing at you for saying you'll win state" (that was said somewhere before), and "have fun with Bradley Central" makes me mad. Rankings don't mean anything. Ask Bearden. If we went by rankings, there would be no point in basketball. It would be the same team winning state year after year. There would be no upsets. No one would pay to see the game because they would know what the outcome would be. Basically what you are saying is we should give up because we don't want to play BC or WS. Sure, I know the season is going to end, but am I stupid for hoping it to end in the State Title game??? No. That's why you play the game, upsets happen, teams come out flat (Yes, even Bradley Central has had an off night or two, I assure you). Like someone said before, we're not used to getting this far in basketball. Last time we were this far I was in elementary school, so yeah we're pumped. We might make a few cocky comments, but it's because we're so proud of our team getting it done. We'll be with our team as far as they go, and if they lose Monday, we can say we made it substate and everyone else except Farragut didn't. That's something to be proud of, but of course all our hopes is make reservations for the 'boro. And if we get there, BC better not laugh too hard because we're coming to win and I guarantee we won't come out flat.

you must have been that skinny unatheletic blonde that everyone was making fun of

I will be 100% honest with you all i dont care if anyone gets on here and attempts to make fun of me for saying this comment. I believe the Clinton Dragons can play with any team in the state right now and not loose by 10 or more points. They are on fire and alot of teams dont match up will with us. The dragons are "state bound"

losing by 10??? wow thats good right??>?? stop talking