Oakland vs. Rhea County

ohspats

Should be a heck of an atmosphere at Patriot Gym Monday night. Any thoughts on the game?

I personally invite Blackman, Riverdale, and even Siegel students to come out and support a fellow Rutherford County school. We all know we are all friends off the court since most of us went to middle schools and elementary schools together.

Beware of Hulk Hogan!

Edited by ohspats

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

:P yes beware of hulk and dem pythons. i am counting on somebody to give a keys of the game for rhea co as i plan to do one for Oakland right now.

KEYS TO THE GAME/Oakland:

1. Its Murray Time: Ro Murray has tradition that runs through his blood as far as Oakland basketball goes, and it is imperative that he bring his game with him against rhea co, bum ankle or not. Oakland struggled heavily against the press without having murray helpin out watson with handling the ball. plainly put, murray has to bring his A+ game monday and showed the heart of a senior and a leader.

2.Rebounding: rebounding has played an absolutely critical part in Oakland's last 2 wins and must continue to do so, out reboundind their last 2 opponents by and average of 40-25. also darian martin must continue to play well for Oakland to win

3. Home Court like the Good Ole Days: this is a must for everybody associated with Oakland basketball, when i went to games as a kid, you always have to be there early or you were standing and teams also had to have meet for timeouts at the middle of the court so they could just hear their coach! Oakland fans, alumni and parents, lets bring that feeling back monday night, i feel these guys should at least deserve that much.

4.Foul Trouble: this is a spot where Oakland has struggled at points this year, including devin boyd. Oakland has to have devin boyd to win this game as he plays a very integral part to winning the rebounding battle

with that being said. i look forward to a great game monday night with a team that beat Oakland earlier in the season(kudos to rhea co). but i think the biggest key in the game for Oakland will be head coach randy king, this is and advantage in which Oakland has the upper hand at more times than not, but i am just as sure b.k. crowder from rhea co can coach a pretty good game as well, just wish it wouyld come sooner than monday. GO PATS!!

I am a Riverdale fan but I will be cheering for Oakland in this one. It will just prove how good middle tennessee and murfreesboro basketball has become. Oakland has a great chance of winning this game and going to the state tournament if they play like they are capable of playing. They are so big and deep that they will be hard to beat. Nick Watson, Ro Murray, and Brady Neal are their seniors with experience and have been dependable all year. The emergence of Adarius Dixon, Devin Boyd, and Darion Martin have really helped the Patriots over the past month. And Lucas Jones and Matt Joines are also 2 more great players Oakland has coming off the bench. I expect Oakland to win this one in a very close game maybe coming down to the last minute or last possesion of the game.

Guest Oakland

my lord i never thought i would see the day when u or shuttlesworth would actually say they will be cheering for Oakland, hope to see u there monday night my friend and hopefully u will witness another state touney appearance for the pats

Guest Oakland

lets please keep this thread on course people, u can spew ur recruiting allegations elsewhere. btw, any rhea co fans makin the trip to the boro for this one?

I don't think recruiting is an issue either. People move quit trying to throw dirt on everything.

As for the game between Oakland and Rhea county. Rhea is very balanced but they gave all they had against Bradley and are spent. They are equal with teams like Cleveland, Ooltewah, Brainderd, Chattanooga Central.

They can beat Oakland, if Oakland allows Rhea to warm up from the outside. Good tough defense will stop that, which is how Bradley beat them.

Guest Oakland
Oakland has a couple of shooters in devin boyd and brady neal that are just as capable of winning this game, if depth becomes a factor Oakland may have an advantage, Oakland has very solid 9 man rotation that has kept them fresh all year long. btw, anybody from rhea co gonna a give us a keys to the game?! i know they are several knowledgeable RC fans out there. GO PATS!!!!!

Keys for Rhea, after watching them in the district and region, are:

1) Tim Cooper hitting for from outside early. This allow him to then drive and create.

2) Josh Jenkins shooting the ball well.

3) staying out of foul trouble (they are not very deep)

4) getting a lot of "gargage" buckets. Their athletes are able to get loose balls and turn them into easy scores.

5) as with everyone that has made it this far, they must be able to match up on the defensive end. They shutdown the passing lanes against Cleveland and even Bradley. However, This sometimes gets them in mismatches on the court.

Rhea County, and I am not from any of the AAA schools in the greater Chattanooga area, has a very good nucleus of talent. They are capable of shooting it well in the half court game, or oushing the tempo. The biggest problem that they have is they seem to have lapses when they get out of control. If they avoid these, they are tough to beat.