TSSAA Tournament REFORM

Rhea County Basketball is 2-3 in the TSSAA Tournament and if Rhea County Wins the next game (Sub-State) Rhea will be playing in the State Tournament at MTSU. That is WRONG, what kind of credibility does the Tennessee State Basketball Tournament have?

Rhea County is 2-3 in the TSSAA Tounament

Game 1 -Rhea County Lost to Cleveland 57-58

Game 2 -Rhea County Lost to McMinn Co. 86-90

Game 3 -Rhea County Beat Brainerd 69-68

Game 4 -Rhea County Beat Cleveland 61-56

Game 5 -Rhea County Lost to Bradley Central 50-55

Game 6 -Rhea Conuty Plays Oakland in the Sub-State

Why is Rhea County still playing in the TSSAA Tournament?

Cleveland DISERVES to be playing becasue Cleveland beat Rhea County in Game 1 in the District!

2 wins and 3 losses, come on give me a break, the TSSAA needs to reform the state basketball tournament

Tennessee's Tournament process is pitiful because the State Champion can technically lose 3 games and still advance to win the Championship.

The TSSAA need to have tournament REFORM..............

Rhea County LOST the McMinn County on PURPOSE to avoid Bradley Central until the Region Championship

Tournament REFROM by the TSSAA is a must in-order for the Tennessee State Basketball Tournament to be LEGIT with some credibility at the present moment the TSSAA State Basketball Tournament is a three ring circus

Rhea County Lost to Cleveland 58-57 in the 5AAA District in the Second Round. After Rhea County Lost they PURPOSELY>Lost to McMinn County to AVOID Bradley Central UNTIL the Championship of the Region.

Bradley Central BEAT McMinn County 34-85 in the District and Rhea KNOWING they could not beat Bradley Central PUPOSELY let McMinn beat them in the Constellation Game of the District

My son came home after the McMinn County Game and said the coaching staff purposely threw the game to avoid Bradley Central until the Championship Game because EVEN IF RHEA LOSES THE REGIONAL FINIAL THEY KEEP ADVANCING

MY POINT is;

The TSSAA needs to REFORM the District, Regional, and Sub State Tournaments in-order to make the Tennessee State Playoff LEGIT...........

Rhea County's 2-3 Tournament Record at the current moment should not be tolerated and those WHO WIN SHOULD BE REWARDED

THOSE WHO LOSE SHOULD BE SENT HOME

WHAT KIND OF TOURNAMENT IS THE TSSAS RUNNING?

Edited by Looking4AnAnswer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is the best format or not, but everyone knows going in how it works. The district tourney is for seeding in the regional tourney. If you finish in the top 4 in district you move on. The 4 seed is often 0-2 going into the region, and must face the 1 seed from the other district. Now it is win and move on, lose and go home. Same for everybody. No problem for me that Rhea Co. is still playing, like Xtreme said, they won the games they had to win.

My opinion is if Brainard, who was the #1 seed, couldn't beat Rhea County, then they don't deserve to be in the final eight. You can look at things in many ways. But you must admit some conferences are FAR more competitive than others. Many teams in last place in one conference would be first in others. THAT's LIFE! So to say that it is wrong for a team to be 3-3 in the state finals is not right. Evidently the #4 seed of one conference was better than the #1 seed of another. WIN and move on, or LOSE and go home.

Edited by NETNcritic

Hey! I just thought of this!!! Why don't we just say the top team in each conference move to play in the finals and everyone else stay home. You don't want a team that placed in last to make it either. How does that sound to everyone? This thread is awful for suggesting it. And if Oakland can't beat a 2-3 playoff team, then they don't deserve to go either - do they?

This is ridiculous...

All Brainerd had to do was win to move on...

All Cleveland had to do was win in Region to move on...

Neither happened...

It's just like an SEC team that loses a few to end the season, loses first round of SEC tourney to a 7 seed, but starts fresh in the NCAA tourney and upsets some higher seeded teams...