Cait McMahan

Red81KPsmash

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time she is a Senior she could be top 10 in the nation as a high school player. You have to see it to belive someone of that height putting up such numbers.

Try top 4 in the nation. She was ranked as one of the top 4 freshmen in the nation last year by USA Today.

She is awesome. Enough said.

I have never seen her play or any thing so dont think im dissin her. BUt for her to play for pat head shell have to grow a lil bit more, which im sure she is going to... But i wanna ask all of you who have seen her and Laura Hall play.... Would that be a match up at all? what do you think would happen?

Papatj-

evidently you don't live in the real world.

"I live in the real world. Just looking at the recent past. Not only has Tennessee not won a national championship in several years, they can't even win a SEC championship. "

here are the facts- TN has won the last 6 SEC titles, sharing one with GA. They have also won three SEC tournament titles in that time. TN has 6 National titles (more than anyone) and lost in championship game a few more times. Every Lady Vol that has stayed at UT for four years has been in the Final Four at least once. Why the dislike? I agree you are entitled to your opinion, but at least support it with facts and not lies. By the way, the Lady Vols also have the all-time winningest coach in women's basketball and she's only in her early 50's.

1998 TENNESSEE 14-0 39-0 Pat Summitt

1999 TENNESSEE 13-1 31-3 Pat Summitt

2000 *TENNESSEE 13-1 33-4 Pat Summitt

*Georgia 13-1 32-4 Andy Landers

2001 TENNESSEE 14-0 31-3 Pat Summitt

2002 TENNESSEE 13-1 29-5 Pat Summitt

2003 TENNESSEE 14-0 33-5 Pat Summitt

I don't think it would even be close. No offense to Hall because she's a GREAT point guard, but she just can't compete with one of the best players in the nation. Not many in the state can though. Cait is the best point guard in the state, hands down.

Can't compete, your either not that smart or just some dumb high schooler who makes rediculous comments. How is Cait soo much better? Is it because she averages more points a game? It doesn't matter what the final stat line is. Both players are capable of scoring 30-40 on any given night. Don't compare Cait's stats to Hall's this year. Compare sophmore years, then post on here again. Hall's teammates have really stepped it up this year and she's not had to do as much.

Let me say, I'm not trying to take anything away from Cait. She's a great player, no doubt and has great years ahead. All I'm saying is, don't have such a short memory. Hall's sophmore year stats speak for themselves, and just because her stats for this year are a little lower doesn't mean she's gotten worse or can't compete. Give me a break.

Cait growing would be a definite plus, but she could play at UT at the size she is now. I can assure that Pat does not have a rule stating that you have to be at least blah, blah, blah to play at UT. All that matters is that she is a complete player that will eventually make any big time program a great point guard.

gark, what made you change your mind, lol just curious.

and also night trying to start anything, but haven't cait and laura played each other i am pretty sure that last year when cait was a freshmen haritage played Oliver Springs, and cait ate her alive, if i remember correctly, but i could be wrong i could be thinking of someone else. who knows

gark, what made you change your mind, lol just curious.

and also night trying to start anything, but haven't cait and laura played each other i am pretty sure that last year when cait was a freshmen haritage played Oliver Springs, and cait ate her alive, if i remember correctly, but i could be wrong i could be thinking of someone else. who knows

I didn't really change my mind. I just don't think I should have posted. There's no point in trying to argue or make each player look worse than the other one. They are two great players who i look to be sucessful at the next level.

This is Cait's thread, so Laura's name probably shouldn't have been brought up in the first place. Whoever even brought up Laura's name was just looking to start a arguement, and i don't think that's fair to either of the girls.

I wasn't drunk, I just didn't want to get involved in all that. Should have thought first.