Clay Co. vs Temple Update

sam4vol

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To: Jonathan Frazier, Dustin Thompson, and Chase Stephens.

I really enjoyed watching you boys play your final game of the year and your high school careers! I wish you could have won, but you played a great physical game tonight! I wish all three of you all the best in life. I hope things work out for you in college and in your future careers. It has been a pleasure to know you. Good luck and God's speed.

Coach ELA

This thread is going to blow up when Clay County fans get home.

Temple played pretty bad. The refs were not very good but I don't think they were biased. (this will not be a popular statement) They may have not been used to seeing a very physical team (Clay Co.) Temple also got in foul trouble and Clay Co got some calls late in the game. Clay Co. fans were yelling at the refs from the first foul against them.

I don't think I have seen fans like this before especially the two girls (one of them mainly) that sat behind the scorers table. I know it is an emotionally game.

My team lost last week and I could have blamed the refs (we got in foul trouble) but I had to swallow my pride and move on. I let them know when I thought they were wrong but you have to let it go. (our team was better and we lost)

I am going to make some more unpopular statement. (I am not from Temple)

Although Clay Co. played tough and did a good job on Temple defensively, I dont think they have the talent that Temple or Grace or CCS has. I just was not impressed with their offensive skills. They looked more like a S. Pittsburg team (that is not an insult)

Temple usually shoots well from the free throw line, if they had it would have been a 10 + game.

Congrats to the Crusaders for their win over Clay Co.

It definitely wasn't a pretty win -- but it's a win -- so I'm not going to complain.

I will say -- you guys know how to give a guy a heart attack!!

Free throws . . . free throws . . . free throws.

It wouldn't have even been close -- if Temple would have made their free throws.

Oh -- I forgot -- I wasn't going to complain.

Thank you guys for an exciting year of basketball. It's been fun.

Looking forward to going to the 'Boro next week.

Hope and pray you guys do well. You make Chattanooga proud.

There were a lot of people who didn't give you guys a chance -- but I knew you would prove them wrong. Going to state for the third time in three years!!

There's not too many schools that can say that -- not to mention -- back to back state championships!! So again, congratulations!!

:) Great Job Temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skogen Boys-- I am very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wish that I could fly on down next week to see the tournament!!!!!!!! If I was any closer than 3,000 miles away- I would do it in a heart beat-

I will miss being there this year!

Fantastic Job!

I hope that I wasn't your good luck charm for the last two years and you win state again to make it three in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!