Peabody vs. Perry Co.

GC80

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry Co is a team who never quits. And if you want it that bad I think they will win it. There is no doubt that the game will be close and I am sure Peabody is good but there is no doubt PC has handled good all year and they have played harder than any team out there. Edney and Weatherly never stop playing while the others work just as hard you have a team who plays the 4th quarter like they play the 1st. PC doesn't get upset or down if things go bad they keepp calm in all cases . GOOD LUCK TO THE VIKINGS. PERRY COUNTY WILL BE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON. Congradulations to Krystal for such a wonderful game against Clay Co. You are all winners and you have all proved it this year. PC by 6

Peabody did not play as good as they are capable of and they still won by 28. Don't let this game fool you Perry County. Peabody scored 70 points on a day they did not shoot well. This game was a warm up. Roll Lady Tide. This was not the Clay County team I expected to see. Two years ago they were quick and fast. They were very slow and sluggish. I did think they had a good team and the win was big for you guys. Peabody does not win pretty, like Clarkrange, but they are hands down better than the field. Peabody by 18. Edited by storm

I have spoken highly of this team all year round, and I've warned people to be cautous of them because they can play some ball. Despite all that I've said and the facts that I've pointed out, people continue to believe that the fact that they are young and play against some weaker teams (they can't help that they have to play 5 pitiful teams twice a year in their district) that they cannot compete with the state's elite Class A programs. Everyone picked DCA in the sub-state, and they were wrong. Everyone said Clay Co. played the harder schedule and are one of the top 3 teams in the state, so there is no way that PC can compete with them. And now, it is they cannot possibly compete with Peabody because well Peabody is apparently incapable of losing. Well let them keep thinking that and one day they will falter (it almost happend against Lake Co.).

For Perry Co. to do well, they will need another excellent game from all three of their main scorers, Edney, Weatherly, and Gladden. Perry Co. will have a slight height advantage over the Lady Tide which should give Weatherly some easier looks at the basket then what she had today against 6'2" Rich of Clay Co. The key here will be if PC can handle the press of Peabody. Perry Co. did a good job handling one of the best pressing teams in the state when they played DCA at sub-state. I think alot of Peabody fans want to get on here and believe that the Lady Tide are going to steam roll everyone. Well while there is a possibility that it will happen, Perry Co. is not Cosby, so you can get ready for a tougher battle then that. If Rhodes can handle the pressure from Peabody (she did not fare well today against Clay Co.) then expect this to be a good game. I know that I've said that personal reasons or ties to a team would not affect my predictions, but I just can't help it. I just have to pull for the last remaining 12A team. I'm predicting that Perry Co. wins by 1 in overtime and stuns the entire Murphy Center.

Perry Co. - 63

Peabody - 62