Top 5 Coaches in Davidson Co

beachrmb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell us how you feel Topperman. You received props from Alzado. Well Done. Even though he had to put in the (at MPW) part. You may have done your best job of coaching this year with the W's not showing up as often as you would have liked.

Well, I can tell you, it was different. The kids at Hillwood fought hard and I really think if they had bought into the program sooner , we might have had a better year. At the end , they decided to play the way we should have been playing all year. All I know is that they were a great bunch of guys and I think we will be even better next year. Kids make the difference; when coaches believe they do, then they need to take a look at themselves. If kids believe in you, then anything is possible. I think the kids finally believe at Hillwood and finally believe in themselves. Go Hilltoppers!

Well Topperman I agree you did a great job this year with Hillwood. I dont believe it was a "miracle" as some put it, but you obviously made those kids believe in themselves during the tournament! You took an average (yes they had a couple athletes) and led them to the district championship game. You would also be on my list of top 5 coaches in Davidson Co.

Next year should be interesting, hopefully they will as you put it buy into your program a little sooner.

Have any opinions on next year's team? (like who's going to score all the points with Flint and #44 gone)

I know your team will always play D with heart its just the offense that seems to be a little weak for next year.

Good Luck!

fanatic1199, good question. I just hope some of the guys have grown up a bit and will come through. We do have a few options with a few guys that can shoot. Some of the guys didn't play this year due to problems. I still believe we can win next year and all of the guys believe , too. Let's just hope that we come out of the gate better next year. I also, believe that summer camps will help us - since we didn't get them until it was too late for the camps last year. Thanks, and you can believe we will be working hard for a winner at Hillwood. :D

Who do you all think are the top 5 Basketball Coaches in Davidson County? 

I think they are (not in any particular order) :

1.  Cleave Harris

2.  Don Woods

3.  Bill Tidwell

4.  Jonthan Collins

5.  Pat Thompson

you dont think Charlie Anderson is good enough to make the list?

No way. 900+ career wins and a JC National Championship is nothing!

Not only is Coach Anderson one of the best (if not the best) in Davidson, he's also likely one of the best in the state. Well, not likely, he is.

:):P:)