Clay County Position

muffin

Now Watcher....you sly dog you! I'd say Coe's chances of coming back will be slim, but yes she would be a great coach in my opinion. I'd say Painter's chances are pretty good, she is already employed within the school system. I think the system should wait around and see who applies for the job first...people within the system and also ones in the surrounding counties and search for the best credentials and someone who would help carry out the tradition that has been put in place in Clay County.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree TNBBALLMAN we should be looking for the person that will be the right fit and can take this program to the next level. I think it would be a shame to put the money that Clay co. has in the athletic facilites to not fill their coaching vacancies with the right personnel. Joe had steadly built this program up over the last 17-18 years to make it a very well known program in the state. And that has the fans base that we do,And with the interest that these kids in clay co have with basketball. look at all the AAU groups and special interest in clay co that works with these kids,so why in the world would we just settle for anyone to coach CLAY CO.?

Are you saying that Painter or Coe are (just anybody) I think that either of them has more experience now, than when Joe started coaching. Both played high school ball and Coe even played College. Both have some coaching experience under their belt. Joe did not have any when he started and didnt even play on the high school level. Lets give either one of them a chance and I bet before 18 years pass we have a gold ball.

The coach at the top of my list would be Kelli Coe. She is a great coach and has experience coaching these girls from 5th and 6th grade. Clay Co. will stay in the system though because we can't afford to hire a new teacher even if we wanted to. Kimes or Painter will get the job.