McCallie vs CSAS

Readthefield

was the score 2-nil? If so i wouldn't say McCallie was lucky.... They seem to be the type of team that is not going be scored on very often and will almost always put more goals on the board than their opponents(at least for this season theyll be that defensively minded)... A 2-0 win for McCallie is more like a 4 or 5-nil win for another team becaause it is just THAT difficult to get the ball past Meyer in goal

I was at the game and was a little surprised at how little offense McCallie was able to generate. I think that the main problem that they had was that they tried to play too direct for the first at least half of the game. I think that they came into the game confident that they could win and could put a couple on the board with some one on one matchups but couldn't get it together. I don't think that they played enough with their backs to the goal and didn't play the ball into space but instead played it to feet. It was good to see a couple of scores but it could easily been a 0-0 game. I didn't think that McCallie played the ball to the wing nearly enough to spread the defense and get the keeper out of position. When they do that they look really dangerous. They won't beat teams handily unless they play offense as a team as they don't have a "power forward". I do like that they have 5 goals so far and 4 different scorers.

My touch is completly off right now...Coming back from not being able to move at all for 2 weeks is proving alot more complicated than i thought...Pj and joel both deserve to be starting right now and are proving efficient up top...your right in that the explotiation of the outside wasnt really there vs csas...but we had just gotten out for spring break and although its not right to loose focus, it may have contributed...no excuses though, gotta stay focused at all times =)