Sr experience vs. Soph. talent

duke4bball

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan Central=Team #1

Happy Valley=Team #2

i believe u mean hv is team #1,they are the team with the sophomore talent.but our ace is a junior,as is our first baseman,our catcher,and our lf is a senior.one of our 2nd basemen is a junior as well.both teams have speed,power,and good pitchin.our 1-7 can hit a hr on any given day and our 8-9 or 10 can hit hrs occasionally.we also have the speed to swipe many a base as well.this is all without mentionin our pitchin.possibly the best 2 pitchers in the conference in toney and caldwell and a proven closer in whaley.tim is the heart of the team and the team will follow him.should be a very good season and 2 very good games.

ps-i dont believe u got what u wanted out of this topic :unsure:

I didn't get exactly what I wanted from the post, so what. Sorry about gettin the teams backwards, my bad. But you are full of CRAP if you say your 1-7 can hit homeruns any given day, and what are you talkin about your number 8,9,10 can hit them out--you have lost your small mind. What kind of field are you playin on, some LL field thats 200 ft. to straight away center? I said you all were good, but you're blowing things totally out of porportion. I'd believe it if I saw it.

ur right,i shouldve said 1-6.tell me im wrong,ryan garland,1,was basically screwed out of a hr against ac at etowns field.ricky morgan,2,has already hit 2,one at ucs field,one at ours.our 3 is todd caldwell,u know he can hit,along with our 4-6,tim whaley,ryan toney,jordy harrison.and yes,most of the rest of the team can hit hrs.

• 2 weeks later...

Best out of five I would take the seniors. What do you normally think when you have to play a team that has mostly seniors in any sport. Now I think kd72001 missed it with his worlds series analogy. Check the Yankees roster and see how many Allstars are on it compared to Florida's mostly no name roster. It was playing as a team that decided last year's world series.

This conversation has been done before, but here goes:

Let's assume, to be fair, that we have two equally talented groups of freshmen. Really, that's the only way to have a valid comparison based on class, isn't it? Now, let's suppose that these freshmen are four years apart in age. Which would you pick, the talented former freshmen who are now 18 or the equally talented current freshmen who are now 14? Please, that's no contest. It's men playing against boys, isn't it?

OK, so what's the other possibility? That we have a group of freshmen who are much more talented than a group of seniors--that is, we have a group of freshmen who perform as well as kids who are four years older than they are. Or perhaps better. Well, if they can perform better than kids four years older than they are, guess what, they beat kids four years older than they are.

So what's the conclusion? That given equal talent, experience and maturity rule? That given unequal talent, talent rules? Well, duh. B)

I have to agree with duke4bball hvwarrior58. We are a good ways into the season and you could only tell us about 3 home runs from 2 players. Just because they can go long in practice doesn't mean they can or will get it done in a game.

i was jus givin examples vultor.morgan has hit 3-4,caldwell has only hit one i think, whaley has hit 4,toney has hit 2,harrison has hit 2,and dykes has hit one.weve also had 3-4 about 2 feet from goin over