New Coach In Lewis County

BusterJr

Interesting information, "real" buster, especially the part that there are only 3 applicants. I had heard from people pretty close to the situation that there was one other applicant from Lewis County and even a couple of names from out of town. These names may have just been thrown out there by people who want to seem to be "in the know". One question, though. I have been under the impression that the principal would be the one person to appoint the coaches, maybe with the help of the AD. I know this to be the case in other systems. If so, why is the board making the criteria on experience. Not a problem with me, just strikes me as funny.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things keep getting more interesting here in Lewis County. The return of Howard Spears? Is this a serious scenario or is there pun intended as with the other job openings mentioned with Spears name (such as the college coaching positions you all write about)? I have watched Spears coach for years and his intensity on the court and in the locker room is unmatched. He will be a great coach for the Panthers if thats the case.

On a side note, buster04, is there any "inside" word on the middle school girls basketball coaching position?

First to CSI-Hohenwald, I believe the principal and the AD will aid in makeing the decision for the new position, but the overall choice is up to Mr. Pace. The board members are there to gather applicants names that they feel is best for the position. I have only a few board members that I have been in contact with. I do realize there are more members that these two.

I will try to answer the question proposed by SportsGuy. I will try my best to convince not only you, but others on this site that I have an inside track on the replacement for Coach Johnson. I have had a few conversations with Coach Spears and know him very well from the past. He is very interested in the position and have made certain one's(AD,HS principal,several board members, members in the Community) aware of his interst. I will definately agree with you SportsGuy on the fact that he brings intensity to both practice, locker room, and most importantly the gym. The atmosphere would change a great deal if we could convince those in charge to bring Spears back.

For now reporting live from Hohenwald, the Real Buster.

The Inside Buster

Give some info on the position. Are they possibly going to hire out side the system? What are the people in charge like (AD, Principal, Etc.) to work for ? Better yet what is the talent level going to be like in the next few years? Just curious to find out the facts.

attila,

I do not think they will hire outside the system. They have very good canidates from Hohenwald that are interested in the position. The AD, and the principal are very good to work for. Mr. Pace is one of the best! The major problem, last year, next year, 5 and 10 years ago have been and will be "certain" parents of the children that are on the team. If we will leave the coach alone, let him do his job and get behind and encourage him I beleive we would all see a difference. There has and will always be talent in Lewis COunty. Next year's team will be very young. They will mostly consist of Freahman and Spohomores and a few Juniors and Seniors. They will struggle with height, but with spears at the helm they will play fast pace. They will press, run the ball, and shoot three's. It is going to be a very exciting year and I look forward to his return. For now reporting live from Hohenwald, the Real Buster.

The Inside Buster

• 2 weeks later...