Rossview vs. Clarksville

yellowcard1588

Thanks for the directions. The school was really easy to find. Now to the game: great show by both teams. I kind of thought that Clarksville may have met their match this time, but it was certainly a good performance by both teams. Rossview was a very big and physical team. They worked the ball very well. On the other hand Clarksville handled the ball a little bit better which I think gave them the edge. There were no real stars on either team. That is what I always like to see in a good match up. All goals were on penalties which I thought were all legitimate, Rossview's especially which was the result of an obvious hand ball: always a PK. The fouls which resulted in Clarksville goals, however, were violent; Rossview's player deserved the red card and Clarksville rightfully deserved the breaks they were given. On the other hand it was a relatively even match. Rossview had much more accurate shots, but Clarksville failed to capitalize on some opportune chances. It seems that Rossview has built a solid program; kudos to the staff. Clarksville is still ticking and they looked good, however very small and apparently, some people in the crowd mentioned, were very young. Youth, though, leads to some great things. This game determined that I am going to the district tournament because I want to see these teams duke it out . Congratulations to both teams, you both have fine programs.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I thought Rossview played very well. The teams were pretty evenly matched. Clarksville was faster maybe a little more technical but Rossview was more aggressive and their defense seemed to be better than Clarksville's. I think CHS is over rated also they did not look like they should be ranked the #4 team in the state, and if they truly are Rossview should right up there too.

Both teams did play very well and were evenly match throughout the game, lots of cards but that was expected becuase it was a big game in the district. I think the second pk for chs was called wrong and rossview was robbed which affected the outcome of the game. Since all the goals were PKs the game didnt really prove that chs was the better of the two. but if you saw the game it proves that rossview has become a lot better, aggresive, and skilled and will be heard more of and shouldnt be taken as a easy team.

yeah i'd like to know what everyone thought of the #4 ranking too... also did u think that rossview would've won if they werent playing a man down for the whole 2nd half, that red card was unfortunate since it was for a player cussing at the ref and could've easily been avoided

No. I didn't play for them. I used to know the coach. Good guy. Rossview's coach looked good also, but I used to know Donahue. I didn't actually follow them because I didn't live there, but over his first seven or eight years there, coaches began to talk about Clarksville as a soccer rich town because of teams like Clarkville and Northeast, and more recently Rossview. Since I've been away from Clarksville (not the school) soccer, I see that it has grown because I also learned that Rossview's girl's team was very competitive, probably because of Majors as head coach and strong support for the program. I feel that's why Clarksville has excelled in hard times when others haven't through the years, becasue of great support from the community. At least that's my theory. To answer your other question, no I don't see Clarksville as overrated because I have seen three of the other top five teams in the state play in Farragut, Brentwood, and Houston. The state seems relatively even amongst the top teams in AAA. I do see Rossview as underrated, however, though they still have a bit of a ways to go. Looking at opponents win-loss records, I see teams like Houston, Clarksville, Bearden, and the Nashville area schools with percentages ranging from the high .600s to .900s, and Rossviews is considerably low. Now that doesn't say anything about their program, but it does say something about the teams they play. I really love soccerinfo.com. The state has come a long way to provide for this sport. Now I have a question for you; seeing as how the select program in Clarksville is the Royals, do you play for Clarksville. If not who, and where do you get your information? My information is all out in the open, yet it seems as though from the posts you write, that you are a player. I guess I assume that because you predicted a score with no legitimate evidence. Now don't take my question as threatening, I'm just curious. I'm trying hard, and it seems as though I'm not, to not cause problems because that would make me look like I favor one team over the other which I don't. I'm just a fan of soccer. I did enjoy watching these two teams play. They were truly great. Rossview may catch you guys next time, but don't change the way you guys play, you or Rossview. You both played great.

Good Luck in the Future.

As far as the #4 rankings, I think there were some upsets and losses at the top so naturally Clarksville just moved up by default from other teams at the top..Plus you look at the record and sometimes you have to reward teams for the fact of not losing games. I think at times this season in college basketball teams were ranked based on the fact of not having many losses vs the other teams(That was evident by Florida Gators being #1 at one time)..but for the subject at hand Rossview has taken over the rivalry that Clarksville-Northeast used to have for the simple fact of those kids are now at Rossview and would have been at Northeast had the school not open. Jeff Majors has been successful as a player and coach, playing in a program at Clarksville has done him alot of good plus working with Chartrand who is equally as good of a coach as Donahue...So that being said the Rossview Boys and Girls Soccer Programs are built to compete for District and Region Championships as well as State and that sorta reflex on the Clarksville Boys Program. Theres not another program in the city that can compete with RV-CHS, Northeast being the closest.

The City of Clarksville is obviously a soccer town with leagues everywhere. Richview and Rossview has been in every middle school soccer championship game since Rossview M.S. opened. I think the Royals has done a good job of helping the programs and the players who are exceptional naturally go to Hendersonville, Brentwood, or somewhere in those areas to play travel.

Lee Naduea(not NATO) was a standout at Clarksville and graduated in 98, he then moved on to play college but later transferred back to Austin Peay and now coaches the Richview Middle School team as well as at Clarksville H.S.

To end this, I hate to say this as a Clarksville grad and someone who enjoyed talking to Donahue in school but eventually Rossview will catch up and it wont be as lopsided as it once was when the school first opened. Rossview is trying to mirror Clarksville and the kids get up for the Clarksville kids because Clarksville usually comes in with guady records, state rankings, and most importantly district seedings.

After hearing about the game and reading the Clarksville paper, it sounds like there were two different games. One in the paper and the other on this site. Everybody on here thinks Rossvue got robbed. If Clarksville is that bad, then how bad is Rossvue?

I don't think anybody ever said the rankings are perfect. In fact if the posters had read their own paper they would see what the Clarksville coach said about rankings and how complimentary he was of his Rossvue.

Deal with it! Rossvue got beat by a smaller, passive, less improved, over rated, young bunch of scared little babies. Maybe the reason Clarksville was not so aggressive was that they were shaking in their boots from fear of the big bad boys from Rossvue.

ccjv05 I'm glad you told everybody what the red card was for. With your name you probably are a player; too bad cause with your attitude toward foul language and disrespect, you should be ashamed.

Oh, and you want to ref to ignore rule breaking too?