Livingston vs. Smith Co.

wildcatsoccerfreak22

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so yeah smith co. did hit off of us but who says u have to be super super fast to be good?If u have a pretty decent pitcher that can pitch and not walk a bunch of people and knows what she is doing that's what i call a "good" pitcher. Anyway... Most of the time it really doesn't even have to do with how fast they are b/c all the teams practice hitting off the machine going faster than most pitchers can throw (in highschool anyway)

Props to ashley howard i think she well!

As for LA's hitting it is improving but like Antwan said we still have a lot of girls in slowpitch and that's our problem...but not for long soon most of us will be in fastpitch league's instead of slowpitch soo by next year we shouldn't have any problems ;)

Props to smith county also...they did very well good luck girls...and we will see ya'll again and we will be ready B)

ok so yeah smith co. did hit off of us but who says u have to be super super fast to be good?If u have a pretty decent pitcher that can pitch and not walk a bunch of people and knows what she is doing that's what i call a "good" pitcher. Anyway... Most of the time it really doesn't even have to do with how fast they are b/c all the teams practice hitting off the machine going faster than most pitchers can throw (in highschool anyway)

Props to ashley howard i think she well!

As for LA's hitting it is improving but like Antwan said we still have a lot of girls in slowpitch and that's our problem...but not for long soon most of us will be in fastpitch league's instead of slowpitch soo by next year we shouldn't have any problems ;)

Props to smith county also...they did very well good luck girls...and we will see ya'll again and we will be ready B)

Actually a good pitcher is one that understands the game. Most high school pitchers...to be effective...need to throw at least in the mid fifties. I have seen a few a little slower. Most good teams can hit a pitcher that throws much faster if that is all she has. The most effective pitchers have a great changeup or some other strikeout pitch (drop, rise, screw, curve, crossover). Elite pitchers can throw all of those pitches at anytime for strikes...all on the corners. Elite pitchers will throw out of the strikezone the majority of the time (they make you chase).

Wow that's the nicest thing you've said all night.

And yes you're right, I'm not playin slowpitch anymore.

Oh no Miss Mac B) what Happen?? I knew Smith co. had a good team, but LA MUST have had an off day ;) The Lady Cats will play much better when these two meet again.. Bank on it!! :lol:

I agree i think it will be a much better game the next time we meet smith co. again...the only really off thing was we wasn't hitting and again it's b/c we've grew up playing slowpitch that is all livingston has had to offer...we never played fastpitch until we got to highschool and then we still continued to play slowpitch...it will be a much different story next year ;)

Hey QueenBee it happens B) Maybe not back in your day!! But I Tell Ya, I like what is going on with this LA club.. Hats off to Smith Co., we all knew coming in they could flat out play the game.. It's early in the season, So Maybe when they meet again , LA will give em a game.. ;)

You may be right...but SC was playing their 5th game in 4 days yesterday. They were probably pretty tired. I really wouldn't count on next time being much better.

LA has a couple of outstanding pitchers..  they have been consistent with their offense and are solid defensively with Miss Mac on the infield making diving stops, Sarah Maynord in the outfield catching everything and Smith Co. would be wise not to run on Catcher Stasha Babb  She's very quick with the release to second.

Tara Taylor could see action in a relief role and she's the stopper for this club. 

She could come in to slam the door if things get tight..

Miss Mac, Tara , Ashley and Co. will have to show their leadership skills to help LA through this and just move on to the next game.. They can do it.. 

redbird how do u know just htese girls so well? i'm curious?