Best Catcher in the State

Red81KPsmash

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd take scott dean over chris kirkland anyday

Are u kidding me have u ever seen Chris Kirkland play the kid can do it all..........he has one of the best arms i have ever seen for a high school catcher and he can hit the ball just as good as anyone...........there is no way that he is not the best catcher in the state he is just that good

getting drafted?...yea possibly cause he's been to the the right showcases and done well...not bashing him, good catcher...not ready for the MLB or rookie ball...flush bama??...probably not a good idea he'll be fighting for a position there...who is charlie obrien??

You got to be kidding me that Chris Kirkland is the best catcher in the state. i mean come on there are so many things to catching besides a good arm. hes a good catcher with a hose but i dont think he is quick enough behind the dish to fullfill everything to be a catcher. yes i have seen him catch for a long time and played against for a long time but there are other catchers that bring things to the table than a strong arm. i would say he is a decent hitter with not alot of speed. Throwing a 1.7 is great but not thats not all about catching. there are things like being a leader, controlling the pitchers, calling pitches, and many more things than just having a strong arm. think about that before because those other things prob take you farther than just a strong arm.

of course throwing a 1.7 down to second is Great...and that isn't all about catching, BUT...he does everything else just as well or better than any other catcher in the state. The 1.7's and the other attributes that are better than everyone else's is what makes him the best in the state

backstop correct me if im wrong but not all catchers in college have to call their picthes i might be wrong but still u dont have to know all that coming out of high school......... the kid is good give him his props dude everyone knows he is good he is a smart catcher he knows when to do stuff and what to do and he can hit the ball too and with an arm like that i dont see how anyone can go wrong especially if he is just coming out of high school.........oh and when is the last time that u saw a really fast catcher anywhere i mean come on dont give me the speed issue catchers dont have to be quick on the basepath