Lavergne, another run at state

_mackdaddy101

_mackdaddy101 Posted on Mar 29 2004 - 10:37 PM

I think so, Lavergne has the talent, its just a matter of playing strong ball and sticking together. They've got alot of bats but an issue that will hold them back is pitching, if pitchers step up then they are in.... Go Rags, Dean, and Barnes 

This must be some kind of joke because LaVergne has no chance of winning the district, much less the state. They have can't play a lick of defense (I heard they made like 12-13 errors against Warren County). They can't hit very good, and they have no pitching. They have a little bit of talent, and they have pretty good coaching, but they aren't at the level with the rest of the district talent-wise. They don't have any leadership on that team from what I saw either and the few good players that they do have seem like they are more selfish than being team players. It will be a long season in LaVergne this year

lavergne does have a strong team and maybe right now they are lacking in self confidence and disipline of the game... there are leaders on thier team but they are not stepping right now. you can say what you want dragbunt but it think in the end you will be wrong. those select people will step up and they wil be good. pitching wise right now we aren't struggling as bad as you say.. everyone is getting stronger and lavergne's pithers will be good before it is over.

Dragbunt, don't base the entire season on one game. LaVergne still doesn't have a set lineup, which may explain some of the errors against Warren County. They did come back and beat Warren County in a game a few days later. The pitcher who came in on relief only allowed one hit, and the LaVergne bats came alive to come back and win the game. So I wouldn't count LaVergne out, they are a team that is working hard and constantly improving.

They'll need to work really hard to compete in 9-AAA. They better practice night and day, because they just aren't very good and they don't believe they can win. Jackem45...I'll say this, if those select few you mention will start stepping up soon, why are they waiting? Last time I checked, the season started about 2 weeks ago.