12U Who's the favorites this year?

Just thought i would see who the favorites were in this age group to win the state this year. I know there will be some good teams come out of the Memphis area and if the Knoxville Ballerz are still together then they should be very good as well. The tournament at Riverdale this weekend has some good teams in it, so anyone have any thoughts?

After the Cookeville Tournament last weekend our coach thought it would be a good idea to play the Riverdale tournament in the 12u group. I just saw the teams and realize this may not have been a good idea. Please tell your guys to take it easy on us. Based on the teams I saw, you should get an idea of some of the better teams in this age group. It also looks good for the 11u group as well.

HEAT1, what team do you coach for? I agree though, this may be one of the deepest fields for 11u and 12u that I've seen in a long time. The sad thing is only the top teams from each pools go..This is a tournament where you'd like to see everybody get seeded and play in the tournament format becuase it would be one heck of a tournament. Look forward to seeing you in Riverdale.

I am not coaching this year. I coached the 11u Tn. Heat last year and my son played up as a 4th grader. He is playing for the Shock 11u team this year. When we saw the teams in this tournament we tried to get moved back down,but that did not happen. This will be a great learning(humbling) experience.Not trying to knock our team in any form, but there is huge curve from 11u to 12u. As one of my players told me during a time out at the 11u state tournament last year,"coach,these kids all have hair under their arms".

Does anyone have any info or updates on the brackets? I know in the B bracket Jackson County is dominating everyone, i didn't see the team out of Atlanta play but they looked like they could be a force. Nashville Shock has a good 11U team but they kinda looked out of place against Jackson County's 12's today.

Edited by devilfanatic