Dale Earnhardt Jr. penalized for causing a caution

landergolfer

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was penalized $10,000 and 25 points for intentional causing a caution at Bristol. Jr. was penalized for intentionally causing a caution condition during the race and as a result was in violation of Section 12-4-A (Actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 12-4-N (Any driver who, in the judgment of NASCAR officials, intentionally causes or attempts to cause a caution condition by stopping or spinning out or any other action) of the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Rule Book. Does the punshiment fit the crime?

• 2 weeks later...
Stoning is a good thought, I was thinking more of lethal injection but yes, stoning would work.

Is there another sport where someone could have such an impact on a game?

Are you serious? Sure there are other sports where someone could have a much greater impact. In this case, this was just one race of the season and only a few points at stake, which is not much at this time of the season. It didn't affect anyone else.

Now, a QB could throw a Super Bowl game, or a picher could influence a world series baseball game, a basketball player could goof off in a playoff game, etc, etc. What Jr. did was NOTHING compared to some of those examples.

Stoning is a good thought, I was thinking more of lethal injection but yes, stoning would work.

Is there another sport where someone could have such an impact on a game?

Are you serious? Sure there are other sports where someone could have a much greater impact. In this case, this was just one race of the season and only a few points at stake, which is not much at this time of the season. It didn't affect anyone else.

Now, a QB could throw a Super Bowl game, or a picher could influence a world series baseball game, a basketball player could goof off in a playoff game, etc, etc. What Jr. did was NOTHING compared to some of those examples.

I think your examples are significant, however I don't see any one of those any worse than what Jr. did.In the other sports you mentioned the athelete could play it off and we may never know it was intentional, but this was very intentional and he was exposed. All I am saying is that in my opinion the penalty is too light.