Byrd signs with Tusculum

THE KING

The old legend of the player that can play guard, tackle and end might best fit the Bird Boy at Tusculum.

Byrd was hurt pretty bad in this game if I'm not mistaken. In fact I don't even think he should have been playing but played anyways. And it isn't like CAK was a bad team last year, they did get to the 4th round. I bet he will have huge sucess at Tusculum and then you will have to eat your words. And you sound like the kind of guy who carried the water bottle for your team, maybe you still do.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you pennyplay! I was there first hand to see his injury. His leg was black from hip to knee. Fluid built up on his thigh. TOO SHORT, TOO SMALL, heck fire! He holds state rushing records for QB. There are many 6'2 220 lb. players that will not play in college this fall. It's the heart of a man that makes a player. Remember that.

Mark Byrd is no cedric wilson, you can bet that!!!!

May have been a poor comparison, except for the size part (which I think was the point of the comparison in the first place. Cedric Wilson is about the same height.) Byrd has a lot of talent and, more important, heart. We will wait and see what happens next season. I look forward to see how the whole team does this year.

Again, I would like to see Cristman down here, too.