All Knowing Disgruntled Parents and Relatives ONLY

CallemlikeICthem

This thread is designed so that the tennessee online baseball community doesn't have to waste it's time browsing through real baseball information to find the biggest idiots with a grudge in the state.

Qualification to post on this thread:

1. You must bash your own team and coach

2. You must have to tell everyone "that you know baseball" because it is never evident in anything else you post

3. You can only post things that you would never say directly to a coach's face.

Thank you disgruntled family memebers for being willing to show your ignorance and sacrifice the success of your family just to make the Coacht.com patrons laugh at you. We definitely need more people like you!!!!! ;):)B)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add a rule.

you must never, under any circumstances evaluate your son/brother/etc. in an objective manner. ALSO, when refering to a coach the following words must be used. moron, idiot, loser, or phrases such as "he stinks" or "get a clue".

And please whenever possible please continue to display blatant ignorance regarding the game of baseball.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!!

There are parents and relatives that get disgruntled about little Johnny's playing time? Blow me away!

Actually, as a coach in summer programs for the past 10 years, I've learned a few things (despite what parents may say): you have to ignore the ones that trash you behind your back or right in front of you and act like you're paying attention to the ones that throw lavish praises your way. Finally, here's the one thing that parents and relatives haven't learned, the game is for those who play not for the parents and/or relatives.

On the other hand...

I played baseball at a AAA TN high school and in a small college program that won a couple of Christian college national championships (a couple of years after I was gone), and I was being scouted by the Detroit Tigers before I suffered a severe shoulder injury...

A buddy of mine who has a kid on our high school team played for a AAA TN high school and batted around .400 during his JUCO career...

We've both coached youth league teams in recreational leagues and at the competitive (traveling) level...

My kid was All-State and tied the school home run record, even though during his junior year the coach told him he didn't have what it took to be a good HS player; and my buddy's kid will most certainly break that HR record, if he stays at our HS (it's looking doubtful that he will stay)...

Our HS coach was a marginal AA HS player and saw little playing time in either HS or college; and his prior coaching experience was limited to rec-league-level baseball during the summer...

So, when my buddy and I criticize the coach, do you think that maybe it is possible that we know what we're talking about?

You're nuts, pistachio. :rolleyes:

Point is, some parents actually do know baseball. Some parents even know more baseball than their kids' coach. Sure, it's easy to criticize a coach. It's also as easy to dismiss criticisms as coming from disgruntled parents. But we should stick to evaluating ideas and not get caught up in silly arguments about the credibility of those who express them. If an idiot has a good idea, that idea is no less good for being produced by an idiot, right? Or is that idiocy?

And I will always remember what a HS athletic director once told me: 'you can't expect too much from a HS baseball coach, given what we pay them; if they knew what they were doing, they'd be coaching somewhere else, where they could make more money.'

My hs coach used to play pro ball. This is his first yr and he brought up this thing that sometime this week we have to get evaluated by him. From the first day he has told us that you will get nothing but the truth told to you by him. He gave us a sheet to fill out of what we think about ourselves as players and then went to him and he filled it out and we talked about what we could work on. This was a great idea bc now the disgrunted ignorant annoying over obsessed parents know what they must do in order to get their kid on varsity. Of course you have to break a little hearts but atleast they know what to work on so next yr they will hopefully have a better chance. Just an opinion for those weird kids that think they are the best and thier parents.

My hs coach used to play pro ball. This is his first yr and he brought up this thing that sometime this week we have to get evaluated by him. From the first day he has told us that you will get nothing but the truth told to you by him. He gave us a sheet to fill out of what we think about ourselves as players and then went to him and he filled it out and we talked about what we could work on. This was a great idea bc now the disgrunted ignorant annoying over obsessed parents know what they must do in order to get their kid on varsity. Of course you have to break a little hearts but atleast they know what to work on so next yr they will hopefully have a better chance. Just an opinion for those weird kids that think they are the best and thier parents.

I have no problem at all with that, and your coach must know something about baseball. And something about people, too, to put evaluations on paper and to talk to you about what your weaknesses and strengths are.

But not all HS coaches operate at that level.

And remember, not all parents are annoying, ignorant, or over-obsessed. Some of them really do know a lot about baseball.

If your coach really knows baseball and has people skills, too, I'd say you are a very, very lucky kid. Be nice to that guy, your school system needs to keep him!