Pregame

Rambo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mcminn central came down to play in the beaver creek classic here in knoxville this weekend. before their game against us (knox halls), they took infield-without a ball. they went through each motion-fielding,throwing, and all without a ball. when the catcher stands beside the fungo coach he would act like he would catch the ball and toss it at the coach-our team just sat there thinking what in the world, but later our coach told us it was to get down the fundamentals. i dont know how well that works-they lost every game in the tourny i believe.(not putting them down, just making the statement different people do different things to maybe see a change-they lost the night before us and they took pregame infield with a ball-maybe they were looking for something diffrerent)

To me I feel taking infield is essential. Sure you can pretty much determine how the ball will react just by looking (hard dirt, soft dirt, high grass, low grass) but I think you can really get a feel for how the field will play. One thing I have noticed is that alot of coaches get lazy when taking pregame infield and hit little grounders the whole time. I think if the coach and players take it serious it is a huge MUST.