Clinton High School

OrangeCrush23

Thank you so much NEWMAN that is so true. CLinton does have a problem remembering to back up their boys and telling them to stick with it, you shouldn't quit just because you aren't winning. I know that winning is fun, but my goodness sometimes you have to lose to realize what real fun is all about. As hard as it is for me to say being the way that i am it is just a GAME, but we all put much more on it then that.

Orangecrush

Of course you know me, I graduated in the big 2002!!! I'll give u 3 guesses who I am kiddo.......I love seeing you all paint up believe me, it always brings back great memories of the past when I see the student section behind their team no matter what, thats what always drew me to basketball more than football, the student section always played a huge role in the momentum of the game and this year you guys did tremendously well, even if you did a lot of things that I didn't much agree with you guys were always behind the boys. It made me wanna be back there right in the middle with you guys, but it was fun watching from afar as well!!! I think Clinton will take a little while to rebuild and I hope that the Clinton community understands that and they just push the jobs and cheer for them when they come off the field and I hope that a whole lot of parents decide to cheer during the games instead of sit up in the stands and talk about ways that they can get rid of the coach, because there is only so much that a coach and staff can take before they get fed up and don't care anymore!!!

GO DRAGONS!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would think a part of being a good coach is that kids feel like they're able to talk to you. That's what you get in Shattuck. You obviously don't know me and obviously don't know my defintion of a good coach. No, I don't know that the play was a pass, but in the biggest game of the year with the time running down on the ONE yard line...9 times out of 10 I run. Granted, I'm not going to be coaching High School football anytime soon, so my opinion doesn't matter. Maybe that WAS the 10th time. And he decided to pass. Maybe the receicer did run the wrong way...Maybe we'll never know. I worked with Mario (the qb), but I didn't ask him about it because I didn't want to bring it up.

Dal...what didn't you agree with us about at the basketball games? I admit, some of us got a little too rowdy and might have been kicked out of some games...but that's how it goes sometime. Halls fans were worse than us about yelling stuff. They told us to go home to our Food Stamp cards....oh well.

Rumors, rumors, rumors. The staff looks to be as follows (pending approval of school board/budget process for next year), in no particular order:

Shattuck, Ingle, Voskamp, Fragomeni, Frost, Smith, Justice, Davis, Scarbrough, Rhodey; this list includes freshmen, JV, and varsity.

Sorry...I guess we all aren't as "involved" with the coaching staff as you are. You're information isn't a fact either...

"The staff looks to be as follows (pending approvalof school board/budget process for next year)"

I read the question about Defensive Coordinator, asked a player from last year and that was the information he gave me. Don't jump on me when you're post could be a rumor as well...if your lineup doesn't happen.

The way it looks right now with the coaching staff and the football players being fired up for once for the season ( they havent been before) Clinton's program will take a turn for the better this next season. NO matter how bad i want to say that clinton will turn around and be like 8-2 orbetter i dont think it will happen. We just need ot look for that first W this next year and build up from their. Hopefully we will evenly get .500 or a game or two better. Im looking forward to being in the stands for the second game of the season because im not traveling up to Kentucky to watch the first one. Maybe this years Oak Ridge game will be a little more exciting than last years 48-0 but whipping.

Orangecrush.......took ya long enough kiddo........maybe i should have put murmur or something........anyways, i know that you guys get rowdy at basketball games believe me I did too, i tried to get kicked out of a couple but me being a girl they never thought i was capable of saying the things i said so they would throw the boys out next to me........hahaha.........anyways, I mean yeah you guys had fun and all that good stuff, but there is a point where you guys should have drawn a little bit of a line because it was making the school look bad, but your bball team stood behind you and backed up everything that you were yelling by winning A LOT!!!

I am so excited about the new football season and the new coach and hopefully everything will go as smooth as possible. Its just too bad that it has taken this long and all of us that have graduated or are graduating miss out on the fun and the feeling of winning at football! I only got to experience it my freshman year and a couple times during the other seasons and one memorable touchdown my senior year against Maryville!!!!!

mark smith is the new qb coach at clinton and let me tell you he can flat out coach the game of football. he is one of the best qb coaches ive ever seen. not to mention he was one of the best qbs to ever play the game. it is a shame he got hurt in a freak snow sking accident when he was a senior could have went pro in basketball,football,or baseball. first round draft pick in all three. greatest athlete ive ever seen. sorda reminded you of michael vick the way he could scramble and troy aikman the way he could throw it

Sorry BabyDal...I knew I would get it eventually. Maybe we did get a little too rowdy, but we were proud of our team and what we could do. It's nice when you can yell things at players and have your basketball team back them up with winning games. I hope you weren't referring to the Powell thing in your post, because that was not our fault. We won a tough District game by totally dominating the fourth quarter, I think they had about 4-6 points total the last quarter. Before that it was a really close game, so when we won by 17 points we ran out on the court and Powell came out and tried to act tough, wanting to fight us. I actually saw a nickel or something hit a Powell guy in the face, I didn't see who threw it though. That was a big part of them wanting to fight. Supposedly they followed our girls to the parking lot and one threatened to rape someone! Not sure about that but that's what one of the girls said. The "School Officials" made a big deal over it and called everyone to the Little Theater to have a discussion. During which a certain Official claimed he was "ashamed to be a part of Clinton." He also said "He was tired of having to babysit us at games and keep us out of trouble." Considering he left at halftime of that game, I don't think he had to babysit us. They said if their had been a fight we would have been charged with "inciting a riot", and the basketball team would have been excluded from the postseason. Whatever, I don't care. I definitely felt like we were the loudest (not biggest or best) student section at least in the District. Karns at home is crazy, Oak Ridge was big but not very loud. Powell had a good section. This is about football though, isn't it?

In that case...I am excited about the new season also. I hope the program will be up when my kid comes through. I believe we'll have the players to do it. Shattuck has come into a situation with good potential. CMS's football team has been good for the last 3 years, so he'll good players if they don't transfer. How's the UTC team looking? How's Lopez doing? I was sad when I heard he hurt his knee. I saw him come in and play in one game on CSS, but it wasn't a close game.

Edited by OrangeCrush23

Orangecrush

I wasn't really referring to that game because believe me I always hated Powell games too and karns, I almost got in fights at both of em with girls that I didn't even know saying stuff tyo me that they had no business saying. I didn't think that is what you guys should have done but i would have probably done the same thing. Those powell students shoulda been held back anyways everyone should have known that you guys were gonna run out there and at least celebrate!!! One of them saying something like that to girls definately crossed the line if it actually happened, but you guys don't deal with that stuff there are others that will take care of that stuff for you. Its ok cause when Clinton wins some football games they will shut up a lot of those powell kids! I wish i could have been at that meeting that you guys had at school, I think i would have been laughing the whole time maybe! I mean yeah you guys needed to be calmed down a little before it got worse and there was really a fight at a game. I wouldn't have wanted you guys to get in trouble and not be able to come to anymore games or the boys have got kicked out of something, but you know

UTC and Lope, well I believe that Lop is having surgery TODAY to fix what the other doctor didn't or messed up even more. His collarbone wasn't put back the way it should have been so its a tough road for him. When he hurt his knee the main part was the way that he fell he hit both his shoulder and knee and messed em both up pretty badly both hopefully that will all be fixed today!!!

AND ORANGECRUSH me and you need to talk about something anyways!!! VERY IMPORTANT, We need to make some things stop before they get out of hand and you really regret saying things!!! So when you get a chance I need to talk to you so my program does not begin to suffer from outside sources, I do not need that anymore!!!!