Livingston vs. Clay County

eagleleader1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the shoe is on the other foot,Friday and Sat ,Livingston Aca was involved in the same deal.They were olaying in a tourney in White Co. they had 1 more game to play against York,but they said they were not going to play it and left,now what do the L.A. people have to say now ?

Let's get the facts straight, both Livingston and York agreed that they didn't want to play. The two teams had just played on Thursday night and will probably see each other a couple more times this season so they felt like there wasn't a need to play. Coach Wilson from White County said it was up to the coaches and Coach Swallows and Coach Qualls at first said they were going to play but both decided against it. The game was scheduled and it was going to be played but both teams decided to not play so it's a different situation.

I have never seen a bunch of unsportmanship, like that bunch from livingston and also there coaches was right there with them. red boiling springs beat them stright up, we had our third pitcher in there and he a great game, behind some great defence. i was stuned how that team acted toward us. maybe it was because we our a single A team and they our 2 A team, who knows

it was not unsportsmanship, the team made a lot of errors and the coaches were very frustrated because they know that the team has more talent than what they were showing, if you watched the next game we played, which was against oliver springs.. you would have noticed that.. livingston has a great team and they didn't play their best.. rbs only had a couple of earned runs, the rest were made on errors

Muffin, I'm not sure what you saw, but let me asure you that the way I described it is the way it happened. Tenn-boy, I'm also not sure what was unsportsmanlike out of the Livingston players or coaches, but I am sure that it was unintentional. Red Boiling Springs simply beat them and I am sure they weren't too happy about that.

Eagleleader I was on the field, York was on the field playing,when L.A. left, sounds like a forfiet to me. As for the unsportmanship goes it started with the coach and trickled down to a few players,not all.Sure they made a few errors,but the coach needed to be moving or replaceing some players, not throwing bats in the dugout.

I agree with you on the fact that Livingston didn't want to play, BUT they would have stayed and played if York had wanted to. Coach Qualls agreed that they shouldn't play and the rest is history. The two teams will play quite a few times this year so another game in Sparta after a four hour wait when neither team had any pitching was useless.