Knoxville's Best Players 2004

qbsdad

AE looked good at UT passing tourney. #33 Maurice Davis will be tough to deal with. #4 The tall kid (Kelvon Yancy) has to be one of the top WR in the area. Just throw it up he comes down with it. He runs good routes and has excellent hands. A pretty good DB also. He got hurt last year. Will be a threat again this year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE looked good at UT passing tourney.  #33 Maurice Davis will be tough to deal with.  #4 The tall kid (Kelvon Yancy) has to be one of the top WR in the area.  Just throw it up he comes down with it.  He runs good routes and has excellent hands.  A pretty good DB also.  He got hurt last year.  Will be a threat again this year.

Ying Know? Yancey will be a play maker like he was last year before he broke his leg. I remember when he scored against Fulton the second game of the season. He just reached out and the ball just fell right in his hands and he dance his way to the endzone. Yeah, that's not legal and yes, Coach Stevens got up in that butt for doing that but if I'm not mistaking, that was his first TD catch.

Now Boorelly, you need to let Knoxville and the rest of the state know about my boy, LEON SMITH. Let them know what AE will have for the next 4 years!!!!!!! :ph34r:

UH OH--- UH OH--- UH OH---

Edited by AERoadrunners

Ying Know? Yancey will be a play maker like he was last before he broke his leg. I remember when he scored against Fulton the second game of the season. He just reached out and the ball just fell right in his hands and he dance his way to the endzone. Yeah, that's not legal and yes, Coach Stevens got up in that butt for doing that but if I'm not mistaking, that was his first TD catch.

Now Boorelly, you need to let Knoxville and the rest of the state know about my boy, LEON SMITH. Let them know what AE will have for the next 4 years!!!!!!! :ph34r:

UH OH--- UH OH--- UH OH---

I think Leon Smith is Tre Smith the kid Graham keeps talking about. Ask Crompton of North Carolina about the kid. He is playing corner and if you ask Graham right now he is one of the best on the team. Great Great cover skills. Graham says this will probably one of the best he has had if he continues to work. He still misses Elliot Bishop though. Coach G is hard to please but we sat on the porch in the ridge and he sounded very excited about his secondary. I asked him who will start. He said I don't know it depends on if we are on offense or defense first. He mentioned 6 different starting combinations. That is probably why AE keeps 70 players at their druling summer work out. AE roadrunner if you ever been to their summer workouts you know what I mean. I don't know many coaches that put their kids through such a rigorous training. Intense agilities, 8 110s, then 3 330s, and then 15 stadiums. Then go and work out. After that throw and drill work all in 2 1/2 hours. But the kids keep coming because of Albert and MCAllister one and you may lose your spot number 2. But Tre Smith is suppose to be the truth. Graham will bring him alone slowly he said. Not to mention Kelvon Yancey is good, Jaron Tory is good, Brandon Strickland is good, Anthony Anderson is good, Adarius Littlejohn is good, you get my drift. (talking to Graham as a write on the phone). and these or just the corners.

I've known Leon aka Tre Smith for over 6 years now and I know how he plays. You can ask

Coach Rick about his skills. Now he's a do it all player. He plays QB, WR,LB, or whatever you want him to do. He just wants to be on the field at all times. Tre is the REAL DEAL. He's going to miss a lot because of his summer trip but when he gets back, Oh No, its going to be on.

Now I know Coach G is concertrating on the defense but let me know about the offense. Will Stevens bring back the Wing T or will he bring in something new? It really doesn't matter what type of offense he's going to be running, i'm just ready to watch a game. We have some unfinish buisness to take care of.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys its the wrong time of the year for me to get into this.Numbers don't lie (1600 yds,15 Tds,15 ints)not bad for a soph.And the Hornet is right about the QB in 2002.Bailey 2nd team all-state at WR somebody was throwing that pass.Just sit back and see what happens.And Roadrunner what would your beloved roadrunners do for a QB like Stanton (maybe beat Fulton when the season is on the line)SEE YA!

You've been awful quiet about this.

You've been awful quiet about this.

Hey Qbsdad... Your are getting more and more like Good Ole' John Paul every day and that is a hater... And at Fulton and AE we don't like haters... Proven fact, JP gets blown up all the time... And you said "If AE had a QB like your son" then they would not even make it to the playoffs... Stanton has a weak arm, I saw it last year, his reciever had to do all the work... If he was that good of a QB then why did Carter have a 4-6 season... Tell me the reason for that... So don't compare your son as being a good QB until he gets a winning season under his belt... In week 1, lets see how good your son really is when Fulton "Lay's the Smackdown of that weak Carter team and that weak QB at Carter"... So these are words to live by... Don't start nothing, there won't be nothing... Because that is what Fulton is going to give your son, NOT A CHANCE while he is in the pocket...

Holla at cha boy...

ShaneC

thumb

A. E. has McAllister

Fulton has Cobb and Fine,Engle,Morris,Bishop but who will play qb??

Central will be off, lost too many leaders, Helton can't do it all

Halls has Lockwood, but who else?

Gibbs has no one!

Powell now has the Denver Broncos OL, and I could probably gain 4 or 5 yards per carry

West's qb impressed me last year and I think he's back for one more year

Carter has Stanton and Littlejohn, but need help from receivers and line

Bearden, who knows, have been on a downward spiral for the past ten years

Farragut, who knows, " "

Tyrone Cobb will be back and better than ever for the Falcons. Cobb turned many heads as a freshman....he was out last season unfortunately...but now he's back and out to get a ring of his own I'm sure! The Falcons will be returning JAM Fine at RB and Demarcus Matthews at WR who really stepped it up for Fulton last season. I think Sophomore Antonio Hamilton will be bustin some heads this year too. At qb there's Charles Davis who was second string to Justin Long last year. Then there will be Ish Young.....that kid can throw a bomb. The Falcons will reload once again this season. AE is returning Anthony McAllister and Albert Harris....that's an automatic disadvantage for any of the Runners opponents. They were in the top players in TN last year....and I'm sure after the loss that AE had to Fulton in the playoffs last season that these two in particular are gonna step up there game. EVERYBODY better watch out for them.

As ALWAYS....GO FALCONS!

ELLIOTT BISHOP IS THE MOST UNDER RATED HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER EVER THINK,S TO AE HE WILL BE HELPEN COBB THIS YEAR.

Edited by learking5

Tyrone Cobb will be back and better than ever for the Falcons. Cobb turned many heads as a freshman....he was out last season unfortunately...but now he's back and out to get a ring of his own I'm sure! The Falcons will be returning JAM Fine at RB and Demarcus Matthews at WR who really stepped it up for Fulton last season. I think Sophomore Antonio Hamilton will be bustin some heads this year too. At qb there's Charles Davis who was second string to Justin Long last year. Then there will be Ish Young.....that kid can throw a bomb. The Falcons will reload once again this season. AE is returning Anthony McAllister and Albert Harris....that's an automatic disadvantage for any of the Runners opponents. They were in the top players in TN last year....and I'm sure after the loss that AE had to Fulton in the playoffs last season that these two in particular are gonna step up there game. EVERYBODY better watch out for them.

As ALWAYS....GO FALCONS!

ELLIOTT BISHOP IS THE MOST UNDER RATED HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER EVER THINK,S TO AE HE WILL BE HELPEN COBB THIS YEAR.

E.Bishop will be a great player this year but he has a lot to learn. He's at Fulton now and he has to learn that whole offense, he has to adjust to the QB which they don't have yet, and he has to work for a starting spot. Because E. Bish came from AE doesn't mean he's going to jump right in there and start.

E. Bish will be soundly missed at AE. But like I said before, "1 player won't make or break AE."

As ALWAYS....GO FALCONS!

E.Bishop will be a great player this year but he has a lot to learn. He's at Fulton now and he has to learn that whole offense, he has to adjust to the QB which they don't have yet, and he has to work for a starting spot. Because E. Bish came from AE doesn't mean he's going to jump right in there and start.

E. Bish will be soundly missed at AE. But like I said before, "1 player won't make or break AE."

AE - you're awfully worried about the qb situation at Fulton, aren't you?! That's a bit crazy to say we don't have one - when the truth is we have several! Has anyone earned the starting spot - who knows. I'm just glad we've got several capable players who will do well for us & I, myself am very excited about it.

Of course, I'm excited about my boy, Tyrone Cobb. And E. Bishop is looking great! I'm excited to see him in the big maroon this year! And to erase any doubts - he is adjusting just fine! ! ! ! !

There's a lot of weapons on the team! I can't wait to see them play! How many days 'til the first game?!

GO FALCONS!