McMinn Central vs McMinn County

Superman2362

We played McMinn County today. It was a great game. McMinn Central won 18-7 in the 6th. Jeff Shaw had 2 homeruns including a 3 run walk-off homer. Kyle Loveday had one too. Beau Brown threw a great game from the hill. He was pulled with a score of 9-5. Kurt Loveday came in and finished up what Beau had started. Central playes @ Seqouyah Monday and Against Sequoyah Tuesday. Come watch us. These should be good games.

McMinn County ran out of pitching. No excuses though- good game Central, yall hit the daylights out of the baseball. The Cherokees have to find a way to stop making 8 errors every game (its starting to get ridiculous). Oh, by the way, Beau Brown did not pitch good at all (Loveday did his job though). It is also really bad that Coach David Ray had to bring in District pitchers Dustin Millaway and Paul Davis, that had already pitched a full game this week. Their arms were about to fall off... both were shocked they had to go in the game. Goodluck to McMinn Central the rest of the year- good ball team.

Being a Cherokee from way back it hurts to see this score. :)

Guess Who - when you start talking up 8 errors I almost thought you were talking about a couple of teams I'm familiar with up here in Knoxville. ;)

I have never been apart of a team that has made this many errors, day in and day out before in my life. We hit the ball just as good as any team around, we just cant make the defensive plays. We have the athletes.. I just don't know the answer we are looking for!

The way it looks to me is McMinn Co. has players playing out of position. There are very few individuals that could be comfortable playing just anywhere the coach decides to put them. I think it all goes back to a poor feeder program in the McMinn Co. area. There are no "official" middle school baseball programs and a huge number of players fall behind during this crucial time and either never play again or are not as experienced as surrounding area players. In other words the Coach is getting just what he wants, a few stand out players and that’s it. Nobody to take anything away from the selected few.

We won 2 and lost 2. First game was lost by the typical 10 errors that we have been getting every other game. The other game we lost was a close one... the team just out hit us and scored when they needed to. The games we won, we actually looked like a baseball team. Everyone on the team hit the baseball and hardly anyone made errors. McMinn County is probably the worst team in playing tournaments (won 3 all year). Hopefully we can keep winning our district games and keep doing good when it counts.

We basically lost our entire infield- you can really tell 2!

Edited by Guesswho?