out of control

I am really upset about your accusations, slamjam. I was at this said game where the parent was 'out of control." I know this parent well and have attended MANY games with this parent in attendance. I have attended AAU, high school games, and junior high games where she has been in the crowd. She is a great supporter of the program and well-respected by our coach and parents. There were no threats made to ANYONE and NO disrespect to officials or players. No flipping of any birds either. In fact, the only gestures made was a "Loser L" that was made by one of your players which I might add was in front of her coach. I have no clue WHY you could post such blatant lies about someone like that. Coach Chris would not tolerate any of those actions from a parent, and I do not appreciate the implication that he ignored something that simply DID not happen. You profess to be a coach, but your grammar is appalling and more like a kid who needs to pay more attention in English class. So to sum it up, you need to get a grip and learn that prevaricating is not becoming..................it just makes you look totally immature!

Edited by angio

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said she said the kid said/////////////Blah blah blah................

some parents need to get a life outside of the gym.

this is not directed at either side here.

put the kids first, teach them sportsmanship;

and be good role models;

AAU does NOT stand for Arrogant Antagonistic Uneducated people.

It stands for Amateur Athletic Union.

Get a life

Grow up

Let the Kids have fun

That is all :P

Jimmy, you are correct. I did not start this conflict. I was merely pointing out that it did not happen the way SlamJam said it did. I just refused to sit back and let her be attacked like that.Trust me, the parent in question is beyond reproach in any way.

I would like this issue dropped and more suitable conversation addressed online. How about some discussing some positive or motivational things for the girls??? :P

Jimmy, you are correct. I did not start this conflict. I was merely pointing out that it did not happen the way SlamJam said it did. I just refused to sit back and let her be attacked like that.Trust me, the parent in question is beyond reproach in any way.

I would like this issue dropped and more suitable conversation addressed online. How about some discussing some positive  or motivational things for the girls??? :rolleyes:

No names were mentioned anywhere,so this tells me that you know who was making these gestures and indeed they did happen.Matter a fact,you are probably the one who was doing it.So go blow smoke up someone else's behind.And i hope to see you at another tournament..I'll be the one in the hat :rolleyes:

Edited by volntn

Timeline, you are correct that no names were mentioned. However, I am NOT the parent in question. Since I was at the game, I racked my brains to think of any altercation that may have prompted Slamjams attack. There was one situation that occurred between a player and a parent. I saw what happened and am happy to set the record straight. :rolleyes:

Girl #1 and Girl #2 were fighing for a loose ball. Girl # 2 was holding tightly to Girl#1's legs. When she didn't let go, Girl #1 told her to let go of her legs. Girl #2 continued to hold on. Girl #1's Mom was in the crowd. She yelled out " LET GO OF HER NOW!!" When #2 still had not let loose, Mom said, " You are going to Break her leg!" This was NOT a threat for Girl #2. She was simply concerned for her own daughter's safety! Girl #2 let go and whipped around to face the crowd. From her stance it was obvious that she wanted to know who had yelled out. Mom of Girl#1 said.....'I am the one who said it!" Nothing else was said or done. Girl#2 was definitely LIVID with Mom of Girl #1. After the game was over, Girl #2 made the LoserL gesture to Mom of Girl #1. Mom threw her arms in the air .The coach of Girl #2 stood by and watched. There was no flipping of birds and no threats made at any time by either party. That ended the situation. Case closed!

Edited by angio

I am a parent of a football player, and I can tell you that Moms take a beating in contact sports in the stands. There is something about that maternal instinct that kicks in at the craziest times. I have found myself yelling out at football games for a player to get off my son when he is at the bottom of a tangled pile that I thought took an unreasonably time to clear. My son is a tailback and is usually on the bottom of much larger boys. When I see his ankle at a grotesque angle, I get worked up fast. I am certain that when my son is on top of someone else and is trying to get loose , other moms are furious with my son. :o

Truthfully, I think Slamjam may be Girl #2 who is royally ticked off. However since no one has to list their name, it is safe to assume we will never know. ;)

However, I repeat that I am not this parent....simply a bystander . This whole incident was blown out of proportion. If I felt that the mOm had done anything out of line, I would certainly not be defending her. Thanks for listening. Can we drop this one?? You know the saying about not beating a dead horse??? And NO VOL person,. I am NOT theatening to beat you or calling you a dead horse. Just want to clarify myself!! :rolleyes::blink::blink:

Edited by angio

Don't worry about it.

By definition AAU ball is all about the players caring only about themselves.

And their parents to only care about their own children.

Get used to it.

It is the game of the future. Learn to appreciate it.

Overheard:

"It's my turn to shoot."

"That's my baby."

"Let's fight."

How far we have fallen.

Thanks for the compliment nutnbutnet. If you knew how poorly I typed , you would know how difficult that was to write. It would be much easier to say it. ESPN, huh??? I am humming the theme song as I clumsily type. HAHAHA!!!!

BTW, Love your username!

Salty, you are a wise man. Sad to say that you are absolutely right!