Best All Around Female

800trackmom

Since there is a similar topic started for the guys, I thought I would ask the same question about the girls. Who are some of the girls that are good at field events as well as running? Just to throw some names out for consideration: Lauren Stewart and Anajare Washington from AAA and Heather Trimiew from A-AA. There is also a girl from Baylor but I can't think of her name (my apologies). I'm sure there are girls from the west that I know nothing about, so let's hear who is doing well at a variety of events and what events are their strongest?

well, on a local note- (of course) :blink: Julie wood from WVHS- does Shot Put, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, 100m hurdles, and 300 hurdles and on occasion 4X400 relay. At cumberland Co. the other day she placed 1st in 3 of these events and 2nd in the other 3. The relay team was also 2nd!

Liz Dyer is a younger athlete that has ALOt of talent in the pentathalon events, and can score alot of points for her team. She can run anthing from the 100-1600m, and compete in almost all field events!

Guest kenwoodrun
Since there is a similar topic started for the guys, I thought I would ask the same question about the girls. Who are some of the girls that are good at field events as well as running? Just to throw some names out for consideration: Lauren Stewart and Anajare Washington from AAA and Heather Trimiew from A-AA. There is also a girl from Baylor but I can't think of her name (my apologies). I'm sure there are girls from the west that I know nothing about, so let's hear who is doing well at a variety of events and what events are their strongest?

Good post. And two good names you threw out there as well. Washington is more in your area, you'll probably see her quite a bit. She's well balanced and Tullahoma is a classy program. Of course, Lauren has to be the odds on favorite to win the AAA pentathlon, so most people would consider her the top female athlete in the state right now. But remember this name: Marissa Harris. She runs 2:24 in the 800, long jumps 17' and runs a ridiculous 14.8 in the highs. Not to mention about a 30' shot. She is terrifyingly good for a junior, competes for Memphis Central. Of course, I haven't heard anything from her so far this year, so I don't know if she's as good as she was last year. I fear that she is :blink:

I did know about Ms. Harris doing especially well at hurdles last year. Glad to hear she is a good at many things. Hopefully someone who knows her will update us on how she is doing this year. I did get to see Ms. Washington run at Tullahoma the other day. She has improved in a lot of areas from last year (this is her senior year) and I expect her to make a good showing for our section in pentathlon. She won every event that she did (3 running and at least 4 field). Apparently she also has top notch academics and has several options for college. I agree that until someone proves otherwise Ms. Stewart is the woman to beat. Everything I read about her is praise. Who knows how far she will triple jump before she graduates? Liz is not in the same league with these girls. She is a very blessed runner, who can run just whatever the team happens to need, but she really hates most of the field events. Julie is very good but she happens to be in the same region as Trimiew who is very dominate in A-AA. I hope Julie does have a really good showing for her senior year, because she is a top notch young lady who has a lot of class. Good luck to all :D

Lynette Rives. anyone who knows her know the biz. Last year she placed 2nd in the 100m & 200m dashes to the senior Marquita Davis. She placed 5th in the 400 with her personal best being 57.77. She went to state in the long jump, and she tight in the triple jump, and high jump. Rives is defintely a top female athlete in Tennessee. :D

Guest kenwoodrun

Oh, man...how can I forget about Lynette...she's in my hometown!

She is a great, great jumper and sprinter. She'll have to work on her shot and her hurdles to make a big splash in the pentathlon, but she'll probably score as many points in the state track meet as anyone else will.

I wonder who is Brentwood's #2 pentathlete behind Stewart now? With Gullickson gone, that may open the door for Lynette. She might even get in on a "wild card" birth, since 12 girls make the pentathlon.

What about Cherise Robertson from Ridgeway- she was just a freshman last year and placed 2nd in A/AA. Looks like if she could just pick up her speed just a little in the 800m, and hurdles she could definitely be a contender for it all in A/AA! Robertson was actually stronger in the field events, but Trimiew had the edge on the running events.There was around a 240 pt spread in the difference between Champion and runner up!

Edited by ~justme~