Obion Co. Coach

rebfan65

On a daily basis our paths in life, changes.

One needs not to ponder on question's of why this has change has occured,

but accept it and move on in life.

Where ever this new path leads Spenser, he will use his winning attitude to

develop a winning program via hard work.

Teachers-Coaches-Players have come and gone in the past here at occhs, it's life!

Remember the friendship that who have develped and enjoyed with these folks!

People may leave, but friendships continue!!

Good Luck, old friend! and enjoy the new path that God is leading you down.

The next Lady Rebels Head Coach will walk into a dream job!

With the current talent pool that we now have at occhs, the incoming

freshman class, and the strong jr. high programs in our county; we

will become a powerhouse of women's basketball again.

Spencer did a great job with the program. The year before he took the reins they were several games below 500. The last two years they were 26-8 and 22-10 with good players developing. It's a shame that a few whining, complaining parents got their way. It teaches our kids that if you whine enough you get your way. The girls basketball team has the highest GPA of any athletic program in the school and that's happened since Spencer arrived. They also have no discipline problems, a statement that the football, boys basketball, and cheerleaders programs can't make. He'll do well wherever he goes, let's hope the girls program at Central isn't headed where the others are.

I really hate it for coach Hoffman. I always seem to have his kids working hard and doing their best. He is also a very good person who would do anything for anybody. I think OCCHS has lost not just a great coach but a great person as well. I was always impressed how well his players behaved on and off the basketball court.

Teachthegame, do you know what their record was before he took over? And one season does not make a Coaches career, because if I remeber correctly Coach Decker had some pretty good seasons as well.

:rolleyes:

I got my PUKE BAG now!!!! :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure, but I think they were 10-15. I did not intend to make any reference to Coach Decker, because she did have some good seasons including a trip to the state tournament. The point was they graduated a D-1 player off her last team and had limited playing experience with the girls left when he took over. He took what looked like a rebuilding year and turned it around in a hurry. In fact, during Christmas his first year they went to Marshall Co., KY (a good program) and won the tournament in a very hostile atmosphere beating the home team on their own floor. They also beat Westview during the season who was ranked #1 in AA at the time. Three of the eight losses they suffered were to teams ranked in the top 5 in the state (2- Gibson Co., 1- Westview), both appeared in the state tournament, and Westview finished second to Jackson Co. When he took over nobody would have given them a chance to compete with these two but they did. He did a great job and it's a shame what he wanted to develop is being shot down at this point.

I don't know for sure, but I think they were 10-15.  I did not intend to make any reference to Coach Decker, because she did have some good seasons including a trip to the state tournament.

Coach Decker took the Lady Rebels to several state tournaments...I believe three in a row at one point.

Spencer did do a good job of keeping the Lady Rebel tradition going at OCCHS.

Edited by sportsradiotn

RE: TEACHTHEGAME

BEFORE MAKING A STATEMENT ABOUT WHAT ATHLETIC TEAM HAS

THE HIGHEST GRADE POINT AVERAGE AT OCCHS, YOU MIGHT WANT

TO CHECK WITH THE GUIDANCE DEPT; FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GIRL'S SOFTBALL PROGRAM IS NUMBER ONE THIS YEAR, NO CONTEST!

THEN CLOSELY FOLLOWED BY THE GIRL'S CROSS COUNTRY TEAM!!

THE GIRL'S BASKETBALL TEAM SINCE COACH HOFFMAN HAS BEEN AT OC

HAS NEVER BEEN THE HIGHEST GPA SQUAD. THE LADY REBELS CROSS

COUNTRY TEAM WAS IN 1ST PLACE THE LAST 4 YEARS.

GB MIGHT HAVE BEEN HIGHER THAT BB OR THE CHEERLEADERS, BUT THERE IS

MORE THAT THREE SPORTS AT OCCHS!

CHECK WITH COACH WALKER, COACH DANIELS. OR THE GUIDANCE DEPT.

IM SURE THEY WILL SET YOU STRAIGHT TOO!