Union County High School

Guest lumberjack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel sorry for the upcoming juniors and seniors next year. They are ultimately the ones who will suffer from this drawn out process by the administration. I went by practice this week and only saw like 20 players out there. What is more sad is that the ones playing don't have a clue about the coaching situation. I spoke with a couple of players today who would have a huge impact on next year's team who are considering transferring. I'm glad I graduated this year so my senior year didn't start like this one. The problem with our county is NO ONE cares about sports at our school! It is really sad to see a community with no spirit. This is where the lack of success starts and until something changes there will always be an uphill battle for success. There are several communities whose teams are very successful, but they ALWAYS support their teams and that goes so far!! Just read the posts from people from Union County on here and you will know exactly what I am talking about!

Guest lumberjack
I really feel sorry for the upcoming juniors and seniors next year. They are ultimately the ones who will suffer from this drawn out process by the administration. I went by practice this week and only saw like 20 players out there. What is more sad is that the ones playing don't have a clue about the coaching situation. I spoke with a couple of players today who would have a huge impact on next year's team who are considering transferring. I'm glad I graduated this year so my senior year didn't start like this one. The problem with our county is NO ONE cares about sports at our school! It is really sad to see a community with no spirit. This is where the lack of success starts and until something changes there will always be an uphill battle for success. There are several communities whose teams are very successful, but they ALWAYS support their teams and that goes so far!! Just read the posts from people from Union County on here and you will know exactly what I am talking about!

The average salary for a head coach in Tennessee is about $4500 above his teaching salary. UC only offers about $1200. The average assistant coaching supplement is about $2000 per year. UC pays around $800. What does this tell you about the counties commitment to football? Why do you think very few quality coaches get excited about going to UC? If they do go, why would they stay for very long? UC has made some great improvements with the new school, stadium, and now I understand they have a new field house. That's good. But you guys really need to take better care of your coaches in all sports.