Bradley at Walker Valley

myrtle

Around the Bradley County area, there has been alot of talk that Walker Valley is better than Bradley. This Thursday is a chance for all the Bears to show them "Stangs" a thing or 2. I expect to see alot of Bradley fans at the game because I know Walker Valley will have a crowd. What are everyone's thoughts about this game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myrtle....it sounds like you are a Bradley fan. I have seen both play and if WV plays like they can they should win hands down...but if they don't it might be close. Walker Valley is a very good ball team and obviously with a record of 23-2 and beating McCallie earlier this week. Walker Valley plays hard and leave it all out their and that is what I liked when i watched them play. It looked like they were goin to get blown out by McCallie after being down 4-0 after the top half of the first but they just came in and hit 3 homeruns in the bottom of the first to tie it up and later go on to win. All of that being said it should be a pretty good game to watch.

Geren is probably already planning for this game. Not the players, just the excuses. He's the greatest at coming up with a "reason" for NOT winning the big one. Yeah, the loser of this game will, undoubtedly claim that it "just doesn't matter". RIGHT! Tell the players on each team that it doesn't matter.

From my perspective, it doesn't matter if Walker pitches their # 4 or # 5 pitcher and Bradley pitches their # 1, it all comes down to coaching and the boys from the "Valley" have the advantage when coaching comes into play.

I would say that since both teams have district play today and Tue. that neither will probably throw their best come Thursday. But I could be wrong. Will the Bears get past the Cherokees? Tellico has a dandy pitcher or two also. Got to go for district wins, let Thursdays game fall where it may.

The bears didn't get past the Cherokees the first district game, but we'll see what happens tomorrow with Bristol/Millaway going at it on the mound. Im gonna say Walker Valley wins the game against Bradley. Walker has depth in their pitching staff and I honestly don't think Bradley does. If Bradley would pitch a district starter, then I would change my prediction. Bradley has the better team, but they are playing during the week after a couple of district matchups... its hard to win throwing your #3-8 guys against a good hitting Walker Valley bunch. Goodluck to both teams- I may end up coming to this one.