Nike Select 14u gets drilled by David Libscomb

Friday night Nike Select gets beat down by Libscomb in Lebanon by 14 points. Then Libscomb turns around and plays Midstate Ballerz 14u and gets smacked around all night and lose by 17. Ballerz great group of hard working kids. They get a true big man and they become the elite team or select team that is.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

str8ballin Posted on Apr 21 2004 - 02:38 AM

Friday night Nike Select gets beat down by Libscomb in Lebanon by 14 points. Then Libscomb turns around and plays Midstate Ballerz 14u and gets smacked around all night and lose by 17. Ballerz great group of hard working kids. They get a true big man and they become the elite team or select team that is. 

str8ballin:

Nike (playing their first game of the season) led the entire game by as much

as 15. Nike was playing without their starting point guard and starting small

forward (due to scheduling conflicts). Nike was leading by 10 with 2 minutes

left in the game when the starting 2 guard fouled out. Lipscomb capitalized on

inexperienced subs with a press and forced 4 turnovers in the backcourt to

take the lead with 20 seconds remaining. Lipscomb won by 3, NOT 14.

Nike won their next 2 games by more than 30. It is my understanding that

Lipscomb lost to Midstate in the finals by 3.

You either got your information second hand or are once again expressing the

grudge against Nike that you have shown in previous posts.

Edited by jek

Hey I'm the starting 2 guard for the Lipscomb Bearcats and ya we beat nike w/ about 1 min left i hit a 3 to put us ahead by 1 then our foward forced about 4 turnovers and our best player didnt start because he was hurt. And ya then we moved on to play Mid-State and lost but it was their 1st game of the day we didnt play well but then we played the Tn thunder blue and beat them 85-30 saturday morning then sunday we played the nashville hawks and beat them and we movies on to the semi finals and beat the Mid-State Ballerz by 10 after that we played a cookville team and we ened up winning the championship w/ out a couple of our players o ya nikes defense is weak i hit 4 3's against them and mid state

Bearcatballer23 Posted on Apr 21 2004 - 08:55 PM

Hey I'm the starting 2 guard for the Lipscomb Bearcats and ya we beat nike w/ about 1 min left i hit a 3 to put us ahead by 1 then our foward forced about 4 turnovers and our best player didnt start because he was hurt. And ya then we moved on to play Mid-State and lost but it was their 1st game of the day we didnt play well but then we played the Tn thunder blue and beat them 85-30 saturday morning then sunday we played the nashville hawks and beat them and we movies on to the semi finals and beat the Mid-State Ballerz by 10 after that we played a cookville team and we ened up winning the championship w/ out a couple of our players o ya nikes defense is weak i hit 4 3's against them and mid state 

I agree. You guys made a great come back at the 2 minute mark. Hopefully, the

teams will meet again when both are at full strength.

I was told that mid-state won the championship. Did I read your post correctly

that Lipscomb won the tournament? If so, congratulations to your team and

Coach Simpson.

Is Evan Webb going to continue to play with your team or is he going to return

to Tidwell's Reebok team?

Edited by jek

Bearcatballer23 Posted on Apr 21 2004 - 09:27 PM

Hey thanks alot but ya we won it and ya Evan is goin to continue playin for our team. And yes hopefully we will meet the nike select team again they are tough and so is mid-state but i would say we r all even 

Congratulations, I know a number of the players and they are a good group.

Which starter was injured?