Mt Juliet Losing Players

UMPSRUS

The exact reason given is that these girls were tired of the verbal abuse from the individual in charge, but the final straw was when one of the girls on the team was penalized for attending her grandfather's funeral.

Yes, you read that right. No, I'm really not making that up. I couldn't.

You can call the individual in charge of Mt. Juliet's softball team a "coach" if you like, but I can't. I know what a coach is.

The person who commented that this would be a good team if the girls "came together" is very observant. Unfortunately that's impossible when every effort is made to divide the girls instead of unite them into a team.

Can you imagine the seniors being punished for not being strict enough with the juniors, sophomores, and freshmen on the team? One of the seniors called my daughter after running miles as punishment and told her not to take it personally, but she was going to have to treat my daughter worse because she didn't think she could stand to run that far again.

Now THERE'S how we build a winning team in Mt. Juliet! Just check our stats! My friend, you can't argue with results!

But that's just the tip of the iceberg! You wouldn't believe how ugly the rest of it is!

Who were the girls who quit the team in total disgust?

In alphabetical order...

Susan Gray, a junior pitcher

Melissa King, a senior first baseman

Megan Williams, a sophomore pitcher

But hey, look at the bright side... it can't possibly get any worse! ...Can it?

yea some important players QUIT the team today. i believe u dont quit on the team. i believe these individuals cared more about themselves then their teammates. These players decided to put their own ambitions in front of the name of the jersey. i believe if any person from any school decides to quit dont blame it on the coaching. the girls that quit today didn't in my opinion play up to their potential. these girls played well enough to stay in the game but they were not dominant like they can be. mj will bounch back this weekend in hoover and will surprise people. Just remember girls all u have to do is believe in yourself as a team and play as one. go ahead and put the incidents of today and past couple of days behind and start a new season.