Mt.Juliet losing players

ggsos

:blink: It is always sad to hear of good players who are no longer contributing to their high school programs. I don't know about all the girls but I have seen Meagan Williams pitch in tournaments down around Memphis, South haven, Jackson areas and was very impressed with her pitching and hitting. I have heard that the coach there was hard to play for. If Meagan continues summer ball she will be fine, but she will definitely be a big loss to the school. I had heard that she was supposed to be going to Ezell anyway her 9th grade year, so was suprised to read on here that she turned up at Mt. Juliet. Ezell has a top notch softball coach that promotes girls on and off the field if (Freidenthaler is still there). Have seen him coaching at state tournamnets year after year until the last couple. That is too bad for all concerned because it loks like Ezell could definitely use another good pitcher about now. If kids just continue to stay on teams with coaching problems nothing will ever be done about it. It is hard for good athletes who love the game to give it up and sometimes it takes alot of courage to make that statement. I for sure don't know the details but I know there is always two sides to every situation, and the kids are not always wrong.

Don't forget to hit your "Back" button and scroll down to the messages from April 21st. That's when this happenned and that's where you'll find some information.

ggsos- You're exactly right. If the girls don't do something, nothing will ever change. I don't know about other programs, but in this case most of the parents are willing to do ANYTHING (use your imagination) to get playing time for their kid.

And you're right about something else... it takes courage to stand up for what you believe in.

There's no courage required to sit in your lawn chair and complain about what's wrong... when you know you can't be heard.

There's no courage required to see something that makes you sick inside and then just act like nothing happened.

And it requires no courage to hide behind this message board and slander a 16-year-old girl. (smb2007, don't you feel kind of... I don't know... dirty?)

To work hard at your sport since you were 5 years old and then sacrifice what you've earned out of loyalty to a friend takes courage.

But I certainly wouldn't expect any of the parents involved in the Mt. Juliet softball program to understand much about courage.

They deserve what they've got.

from what i heard the reason that melissa wasnt playing at the time is bc she couldnt hit the ball. the person taking her spot was hitting around 320. melissa was hitting a buck 42. now i dont know bout yall but the person having the better stats in hitting in my opinion plays. but these girls from mj will bounch back without their best pitcher. i hope susan doesnt regret that she quit the team. but i think she will. in my years of watchign and playing sports if i player had a problem with a coach instead of just quiting and letting their team down wouldnt a player talk to the coach bout their problems they have with their coach. i know one of the girls did but that was ruined by what i hear was an on the field incident with her two parents. i dont konw bout the other two girls but i sure hope they talked to him before they decided to turn their jersey's in if they didnt they must not really have cared about the other 15 or so girls on the team.

Edited by theman99

I'm just now reading this thread. We don't live in Wilson county. However, my daughter has played travel ball with both Susan and Meghan before. I really like both girls. Susan is such a great kid. I hate to see her forfeit her high school career. What an awful thing to have happen after you have worked so hard for so many years! My heart breaks for all the kids, on and off the team, how painful. It is really too bad someone couldn't have done something to have prevented all of this........Hang in there...who knows what tomorrow will hold!

I agree 3andout. I don't know the other girl but I do know Susan and she is a great girl on and off of the field with good parents that support her. I don't believe she would up and leave her high school team without very good reasons. Why would she, she has a great future ahead of her in softball.