Elite Eight

04tigerkiller

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously BIGFLEX is the only one on here talking about Ripley that knows what he's halfway talking about. We got beat in a close regional game last year but we still finished 27-13. This year we have beaten a really tough covington team 3 times in the past 2 weeks and we are still in the hunt for more hardware with a 30-11 record. So no we aren't 19-10 and we have had three terrific seasons but came up a liitle short last year. can't let that happen this year.

In AA Lipscomb will be a train on a roll in Memphis. Can anyone stop them? A super deep pitching staff and solid batters through the entire line-up. #9 batter can hurt you as bad as #1.

825679326[/snapback]

Hey highcheese, i guess we will find out if anyone can stop David Lipscomb when they match up with South Side on Tuesday. South Side has a pretty good pitching staff theirselves with Matt Riley at the top. He pitched a complete game two hitter in the substate and only faced 22 batters, the minimum is 21. He is the guy yall will be facing in the first game of the state tournament. South Side has some pretty good hitters from top to bottom in their line-up too. Their #9 hitter hit 2 homeruns and had four RBIs in the region championship game against Milan. So dont get TOO confident.

Hey highcheese, i guess we will find out if anyone can stop David Lipscomb when they match up with South Side on Tuesday. South Side has a pretty good pitching staff theirselves with Matt Riley at the top. He pitched a complete game two hitter in the substate and only faced 22 batters, the minimum is 21.  He is the guy yall will be facing in the first game of the state tournament.  South Side has some pretty good hitters from top to bottom in their line-up too. Their #9 hitter hit 2 homeruns and had four RBIs in the region championship game against Milan. So dont get TOO confident.

825679563[/snapback]

Don't know much about South Side. Give me some info. Most likely you will face Lipscomb's senior Jason Brock 6' 4" LH pitcher. signed with Tenn. Tech. Pro prospect. Throws 90+ Will Riley be on a 3 day rest come Tuesday?

I must confess to not knowing much about the individual players on JSS, but I think they should be the favorite going into state, especially with Milan and Walker Valley upset in sectionals.

Of course any team can take it, but JSS is on the top of my list, maybe followed by Covington if they get back to where they were 2-3 weeks ago.

Lipscomb may not be far behind, but none of the rest are either.

Good luck to all!

I must confess to not knowing much about the individual players on JSS, but I think they should be the favorite going into state, especially with Milan and Walker Valley upset in sectionals.

Of course any team can take it, but JSS is on the top of my list, maybe followed by Covington if they get back to where they were 2-3 weeks ago.

Lipscomb may not be far behind, but none of the rest are either.

Good luck to all!

825679736[/snapback]

I think everyone is overlooking the Loudon Redskins, with 2 excellent pitchers , one a UT signee. I think it will boil down to them or Lipscomb. It is going to be a very good tourney, with all teams capable.