Lambuth University

DaRock

QUOTE (bigknocka8 @ May 4 2004 - 07:44 AM)

Lambuth will have to replace a really good QB in Jon Finch.

Yes, Jonathan Finch was a true inspiration to the team and students on campus. He played all of last year with a broken right arm, which is his throwing arm. You should have seen the x-rays of the thing it was snap in half. Knowing it was his last season, he played through the pain and led his team to victory many times. Jon Finch is a great role model to all who knows him.

Lambuth does need some more WR after losing their deep threat of Matt Davenport. They also lost a great saftey by the name of Bobby Antee, he could play in the NFL if scouts would give him a look.

There is no doubt that Jon Finch is an incredible leader and a person. The Jackson Sun had him on the front page of the sports with a story about his life. Jon pretty much raised his family. He has two younger brothers.The article talked about how he worked at Toys R US a few days a week then would go to school and pratice on other days. I was at the bone and joint clinic the same time he was hurt this year and one of the doctors told me that he was going to play with a broke arm and they talked about how tough he is. I know many younger kids who look up to Jon and his brothers since he was a star football player in high school and was very active in church. He also won a state championship and threw for a couple thousand yards. He is a very fundamental player and I think he has started all four years at Lambuth. I know that I have been talking about how good of a person he is but he can play some ball. I talked to a player for Campelsville and he told me how good of a ball player he is. He said in games that he played in they threw the ball a lot and when he was gone the ran the ball a lot.

Someone had the link to the article on here a while back but I could not find it.

Also I was wonderig if Wes Moore or Brian Kissel were going to play college ball anywhere?

Edited by bigknocka8

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland College, or Cumberland University, the Patriots of Cumberland College will be without their starting middle linbacker that was an all american the past two years, along with quarterback, starting fullback, so their will be a lot of spots to fill, Cumberland vs Lambuth has been pretty big rival the past two years, they have split, GO Patriots