Intentional Hitting a Player

coachflo

Its right there on the page with the UNWRITTEN RULES of baseball, it states, IF YOU DISRESPECT YOUR OPPONENT, DONT CRY TO THE UMPIRES WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO GET THE BALL OUT OF YOUR EARHOLE! You oughta read those rules, prolly save some disrepectful kids alot of money in Doctor visits.

Aside from that, I dont care what anybody says, sometimes you have to teach somebody a lesson if they cant learn it the easy way, then they have to learn it the hard way!

Guys when you step between the lines act like you have had some raising and dont be an arrogant player who show boats everytime you hit a single to left field and if the ball goes over the fence, put your head down, round the bases, get your high fives, sit in the dugout and wait for the next inning to start! In other words, ACT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE!

BE HUMBLE! BE COURTEOUS! And you dont have to worry about going home with a headache, and all the other players will respect you alot more!!!!!!!

You ain't going to college are ya JimBob? Reading unwritten rules and all.......

The lawyer is going to take care of the medical bills and you're gonna get to pay for both.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its right there on the page with the UNWRITTEN RULES of baseball, it states, IF YOU DISRESPECT YOUR OPPONENT, DONT CRY TO THE UMPIRES WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO GET THE BALL OUT OF YOUR EARHOLE! You oughta read those rules, prolly save some disrepectful kids alot of money in Doctor visits.

Aside from that, I dont care what anybody says, sometimes you have to teach somebody a lesson if they cant learn it the easy way, then they have to learn it the hard way!

Guys when you step between the lines act like you have had some raising and dont be an arrogant player who show boats everytime you hit a single to left field and if the ball goes over the fence, put your head down, round the bases, get your high fives, sit in the dugout and wait for the next inning to start! In other words, ACT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE!

BE HUMBLE! BE COURTEOUS! And you dont have to worry about going home with a headache, and all the other players will respect you alot more!!!!!!!

You ain't going to college are ya JimBob? Reading unwritten rules and all.......

The lawyer is going to take care of the medical bills and you're gonna get to pay for both.

I will tell you right now, this is what makes me sick about sports today! I am a younger man myself, but I have an old school mentality and I say at all levels lets settle it on the field! I get sick and tired of everday hearing on the news that someone is sueing someone else because there kid picked on there kid because he is fat and he is now suffering from depression. My goodness people, teach your kids that it is OK to stand up for themselves! But oh no, we cant do that anymore, we have to bring lawyers and court systems into the mix. My goodness lawyers? Because your kid is a jerk and was show boating and took a baseball in the ear for? Come on, give me a break! I was love to see that episode on Judge Judy, just to watch her make a fool at of the parents that brought this suit on. This is what is wrong with society today, we believe that there is only two ways to handle things, either lawyers or guns? Why not handle it the old school way and if someone bites you, you bite them back if some punches you, you punch them back. Then, IT"S OVER! But no we have the ego tistacle little brats that either wanna shoot somebody or have their rich momma and daddy to sue.

I AM TELLING YOU, BASEBALL IS A SPORT, JUST A SPORT, PLAY IT, HAVE FUN, AND DONT ACT LIKE A JERK AND IT ALL GOES WELL!!! BUT IF YOU WANNA ACT LIKE A JERK, YOU BETTER HOPE THAT THE KID PITCHING DOESNT CARRY AN OLD SCHOOL MENTALITY LIKE MYSELF AND ALOT OF OTHERS ON THIS BOARD, BECAUSE IF THEY DO THEN THEY WILL GET TO SEE YOU CRY ABOUT YOUR EAR AND GET TO LAUGH YOU OUT OF COURT, SINCE YOU WANNA SUE!!!!!!!!!!!

LAWYERS AND SUEING? LOL! GIVE ME A BREAK!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOD BLESS!!!!!!

You never been hit in the face with an 80 mph fastball have you JimBob? Settle it with guns? You won't need to if you hit the kid in the right place with a baseball. Defibulators are recommended equipment at ballparks these days because kids are getting their hearts stopped by batted and thrown balls and you want to intentionally throw at someone? Because your manhood has been challenged? Some dude rips one out of the park, acts the fool and you are willing to take a chance on maiming or killing him? Ever seen a kid convulsing on the ground after a head injury? It ain't pretty. Guess that shows him, huh? What a man........

great thread jimbobcooter. all ksgov wants to do is sue for plunking someone then so be it, hope he has the money since he'll end up paying for both attorneys. I'll tell you what, I'll plunk you to put you on then I'll keep plunking you while you stand on first. Then you'll cry,"I'll have my mommy and daddy sue you for hitting me since I'm a wimp and can't take care of myself". That's the problem with society and kids today if mommy and daddy don't like something that has happened to their kid then they sue the school for some petty thing that doesn't even envolve them. Only a few people on here talked about putting one in the earhole and granted I've heard it, but so few could actually put the ball there if they wanted. Let mommy and daddy set on the sidelines and cheer for little jimmy and billy instead of berating them since their little johnny sits on the bench and stinks his thumb. Then the first time little johnny gets to bat he follows billy who hits a homerun and little johnny gets plunked in the head with a CHANGE-UP and daddy yells thats ok dust yourself off and take your base since that's part of the game. There isn't a fight or petty lawsuit since YES it is part of the game. :P

Edited by Hey_Blue

i am a high school pitcher and this is when coach says its ok to throw at batters:

1. 3-0 and the batter starts wiggling the bat over the plate like a 10 year old

2. opposing pitcher intentionally hits one of our players

3. opposing pitcher hits back to back hitters and finds it funny

4. baserunner has been cocky all night and annoying and talks trash to the pitcher

5. running up the score

6. stealing bases with double digit lead

7. any other bush league activities that tick off the coach

8. for numbers 5,6,7 the next batter for the other team might as well come to the plate laying down

9. the rest you hit the player that does the stuff

10. this is mainly for summer league/non district games, but in district play, you usually can not afford to give up that free base it just depends on the severity of the opposing teams offense!

i am a high school pitcher and this is when coach says its ok to throw at batters:

1. 3-0 and the batter starts wiggling the bat over the plate like a 10 year old

2. opposing pitcher intentionally hits one of our players

3. opposing pitcher hits back to back hitters and finds it funny

4. baserunner has been cocky all night and annoying and talks trash to the pitcher

5. running up the score

6. stealing bases with double digit lead

7. any other bush league activities that tick off the coach

8. for numbers 5,6,7 the next batter for the other team might as well come to the plate laying down

9. the rest you hit the player that does the stuff

10. this is mainly for summer league/non district games, but in district play, you usually can not afford to give up that free base it just depends on the severity of the opposing teams offense!

This is exactly what a good portion of us on here has been saying!!!!!

As for the earhole thing, what was said earlier is exactly right, it is just an expression and I have been using headache to go along with it, I dont mean that you need to throw a 80 fastball at someones face, but it happens sometimes and you just hope that they can turn there head and take it off the helmet.

Plus if someone has control that good over every pitch then it will glance off the helmet anyways if he wants to throw at your head.

But I will tell you what, it has nothing to do with manhood, it has entirely to do with COMMON DECENTCY and RESPECTING YOU OPPONENT! On that note I think alot of people on here need to have a gut check about how they are raising their kids! Just teach them respect and honesty or the least of their problems will be getting hit by a baseball

GOOD LUCK TO ALL (and yea switzer) GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! We agree Jimbob. I ain't gonna teach my kid to intentionally throw at anybody. I never had to and played for some coaches with great baseball minds. Played on a team that came in 2nd in the state in 15 yr old Babe Ruth before travel teams and played all the way through high school and American Legion. We were never taught to throw at anybody. That doesn't mean we didn't do it at times and there are times when it's good strategy to 'throw inside'. There is no strategy to throwing at the head. That's what you said JimBob, "earhole, headache, doctor".

There's no room in high school baseball for that. You guys can puff out your chests and let the testosterone flow. Don't make it right..........