District 7-AAA Race at a Glance

davidlimbaugh

Sort of Oakland2001. Except, the last time I looked and counted, Riverdale has owned Oakland over the past four years. To be exact, 12 out of 16 games since 2001 have been won by Riverdale-- a 75% win percentage against the Evil Empire !!!! I will say that Oakland is peaking at the right time this year and is set up to do well in the up coming tournament. For some reason, though, Oakland gets a little tight or shaky when they play Riverdale. Wonder why that is ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

shaky? please. as far as the rivalry goes, me and you both know that it runs in cycles but i will say that riverdale has had the better talent over the last 3 years. if you look at most of those losses to riverdale many of em were very close, including this year, both were 1-run losses, i would do anything to play them now when were playing good than in the beginning of the year when the team was still trying to find its groove

Not unlike the Warriors, who could've finished higher in the Spring Fling because Houston should've won their district and if the Warriors would've scored some runs. Believe I read something of that nature last year. Splitting hairs folks, be proud of Middle Tennesse Baseball and the competitiveness. And yes, the Warriors have several people's numbers. Great club this year and in years past will do that. Oakland has nothing to be ashamed about. Beating G'town, Collierville, Farragut, Wilson Cetral, David Price 2 times ...losing to the Warriors? Nothing to drop their heads over. Most programs would take either ball clubs victories, facilities, and history. It is my opinion, we need to root for Murfreesboro Baseball! :D

Not sure if I can help being a fuddy duddy (age does that to ya), but stick in the mud?!? I've heard the truth hurts, but.... how about old fogie? I can live with that one. I read so much about Memphis Baseball (Houston, G'Town, Collierville, Munford, etc.) and Knoxville Baseball (Farragut, Doyle, Ootlewah) when Riverdale and Oakland have had the same type of success and/or talent. Not taking anything away from those programs, by NO MEANS. Just wanting to give credit where credit is due in the middle portions of the state. I will have to ponder further on the stick in the mud comparison and will enjoy the jousting between you and 2001. :D

Guest Oakland

add one more victim to oaklands list of powerhouse programs, oakland beat mt.juliet today 10-1 to improve to 23-7 and winners of 11 straight, including 20 of the last 23 so like i said bring on the warriors bring on the cavs! the o-train is running through middle tennessee! ;):D

Edited by oakland2001

Well, to be honest with you, Cookeville has not proven that they can win the big game yet. As I have stated all year-Oakland and Riverdale will always be the 7AAA favorites until someone can consistently knock them off for several years.

Yes and we choked against White Cty. We were beaten by a good pitcher at Warren Cty but we choked at White Cty.

Maybe we will have something left for Oakland, our 2nd basemen was injured today and might not play in the Oakland series and that will be a real bad blow.

As I see it Cookeville has nothing to lose against Oakland. No one expected us to be where we are in the district race-so to finish 3rd will be a great improvement over last year. On the other hand Oakland went to the state tourney last year and it would be embarrassing to lose to a team that lost 25 games last year. So it appears that the pressure is on Oakland.

As far as the MTSU enrollment-my comparison was to symbolize that the population of MTSU almost equals the entire population of Cookeville-therefore to split the Cookeville High School into two would cause Cookeville high school to drop into 2A instead of 3A which they are today

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Don't look over your shoulder. Siegel will be in the thick of it next year and will be the team to beat in ' 06.