Guys up the middle?

baseballer5-4-3

I have to take a sec. to brag on one of my own players. Kyle Price for White Co. deserves some recoginiton. Kyle is a 2nd baseman by nature but we had to move him to SS and he has done an outstanding job for us this year. He really attacks the ball well and gets rid of the ball quickly. I'm very proud of him this year. Keep up the good work Kyle. He is only going to get better. He is only a junior and people don't realize how difficult it is to move from 2nd to SS. It is two totally different postions.

Derek Treece of Powell is an excellent 2B. This kid has some of the quickest hands I've seen. He has a great arm, and I'd almost say he's a natural 3B but for some reason Lawson leaves him at second. He has somewhere around 10 h/r's. I just wanted to give the kid his props cuz he's definitely a player.

Treece made an outstanding play to his right last night in the game vs. West. He threw from his knees behind 2nd base. The ump called the runner out. Most of us on the West sidelines think that the runner was clearly safe, but it doesn't take away from the great play he made.

I would agree that he's "grown out" of the 2nd base position. I would be surprised if he's still at 2nd next year in college. I assume his arm is plenty strong enough for 3rd?