DICKSON COUNTY SOAP OPERA

stackboy

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SOME INDIVIDUALS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO GET OTHERS TO POST THEIR NAMES AS POSSIBLE CANDIDATES FOR JOB OPENINGS AT DICKSON COUNTY. I AM SURE THOSE THAT DO WOULD BE EXCELLENT CANDIDATES FOR A HEAD COACHING JOB :D PLEASE !@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE IMMATURE ENOUGH TO DO THIS (POST FOR SOMEONE OR ASK SOMEONE TO POST YOUR NAME) YOU NEED TO COACH 5 AND 6 YEAR OLD KIDS THAT HAVE THE SAME MENTAL CAPACITY. JR PRO IS RIGHT UP YOUR ALLEY.

SAD TO SEE THE ROLLER COASTER SOAP OPERA START AGAIN. DICKSON COUNTY IS TOO GOOD A PROGRAM FOR THIS TO HAPPEN EVERY YEAR. FIND YOUR BEST CANDIDATE FOR THE JOB....YOU SEE THEM EVERY DAY WORKING THEIR BUTTS OFF FOR THE KIDS AND THE PROGRAM.....MAKE THE CALL! :lol:

Edited by stackboy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the Cougars. Stackboy is right, Dickson is a very good program and a very good job. Whoever gets the job, will be working with hard working kids. Plenty of rumors who the coach will be, but if any one of them get the job, I'm sure they will get it done. The interim coach, Coach Williams is a quality coach and a quality person, and he will work hard in whatever capacity he is in.

Also, what most need to consider about the Dickson Job is that they have a great feeder program. I know their coach personally, Coach Holley, is doing a great job after taking over this past year. He is also a quality coach and a quality person. When the kids leave middle school, they will be prepared and treated the right way by Coach Holley.

gamesrus,

I don't know if bring in someone from "outside the Dickson circle" would be a good thing for the program. Yes, it could bring in some new life and a different way of approaching the game. But would they know and appreciate the tradition and history of Dickson Co. Football. It might work or it may not. However, with the talent pool inside the circle it would be hard to look outside when we have coaches who need a chance to shine in their home towns.

Edited by BigDon

im a dickson outsider but i did marry a girl from there. there sure are alot of similarities to the coaching circle in dickson and that of the bear bryant - alabama ties. if the best candidate is from dickson county , then hire him but you do a disservice to the kids if you dont look around and open it up for others to apply. the history there keeps quality applicants from applying....but i guess if it aint broke.....

Does in house mean on staff at dickson county high school or in the dickson county school system. if there is someone on staff who can handle the responsibility then he should get the job. if not they should open it up to everyone. There are many opinions about what makes a coach qualified or not qualified.

Topkak,

Let me take a memory pill first. Going back to the mid eighties, the only head coach not to have played or assist coach would be Coach Pearson, twice. I know when he came back to DC for the 1987 season he came from Springfield. But during his first tenure I believe that he was hired straight in as head coach.

The only assistant Coaches that I can think of who did not play or move up from the Jr. High levels would be Coach Beaubien, and Coach Shielly (misspelled). Someone correct me if I am wrong.