Any Thoughts on Moore County Coach

PowerSoftball

What is your thoughts on a the way the season is going for Moore County and their coach. The team has only won five games and had four returning seniors and two juniors. Also what do you think about having your the same player slap bunt everytime she comes up to bat. I think the team should have been a lot better than they are.

I'm not from Moore County, but from what I've seen I think their coach is doing a wonderful job!! I have seen considerable improvement from previous years in this program. I understand it's frustrating when you're not winning a lot of games, but they have been playing very close games all season. I know they gave Cornersville and Forrest a run for their money, which in my opinion are two of the top three teams in their district. Hang in there girls, you're doing a good job!!

Yep, she's doing a great job. She knows the game, has a great attitude, and is constantly encouraging her players. She is exactly the kind of coach that parents involved with a struggling program should be thrilled to have coach their girls. They play good defense and will pick you off the bases in a heartbeat. However, they don't have much pitching and it will be difficult to beat the top teams until they do. My take on the slap is that she is simply trying to help the girls develop the skills they need to compete.

Edited by tnfisher

Pitching! Pitching! Pitching! If you don't have the STRONG pitching, you may win some games, but you will not be a real contender in the District. I AM NOT PUTTING DOWN THEIR PITCHER. I am sure she is doing all she can do, but when other programs (i.e. Forrest, Richland, Huntland, etc.) are fielding pitchers who throw at 55 plus and have been pitching fastpitch for years, and they have the backup just as adequate, it's not reasonable to expect teams with slow pitch to be winning a lot of games. Yes, you can be competitive, but the game comes down to the pitching and catching, just like in baseball.

I've been a coach with an adequate pitcher, so I KNOW. Lack of pitching feeder programs hurts many of the teams in District 11A, and those teams will always have a very difficult time "getting over the hump" until those feeder programs begin providing girls who have started playing FASTPITCH, not Slowpitch, from an early age, and continue to really work at it throughout their later years.

A coach who gets players just beginning in the 8th or 9th grade is going to play "catch up" for several years, and the only way they will make any headway is if the GIRLS are committed to getting better which means a lot of work ON THEIR OWN in the off season. So, Moore County Coach, good luck! I have seen your teams the last couple of seasons, and I think you have done remarkably well with the talent you have. They will improve if THEY want it. It appears to me that you are doing all you can do to help.

I agree pitching is a big part of the game, but when outfielders drop balls that are in their gloves they are not helping their pitcher. AAU basketball took 2 starters from the softball team this year and that sure doesn't help. Coach Bondurant is doing a wonderful job and is trying to encourage girls to play fastpitch but trying to change the summer league in Moore Co. seems almost hopeless. Why these people can't see what it is doing to the high school program is beyond me. They want to be competitive in basketball but apparently softball doesn't matter. As for the slow pitcher Moore Co. has she sure seems to mess up the bats of the better teams in the district, she throws alot of junk at them and can change speeds on the ball, also she walks very few. Yes they do hit her but the balls are not hit as hard as they are against a faster pitcher. All the girls are trying really hard but to be competitive they have to stop making errors and play consistant. As for the slapping and bunting Coach knows what it takes to score the ones doing the complaining are slow pitch people. If you don't have the short game you can't win games.

Thanks Coach for all you're trying to do it is really appreciated.

It is sad to see people get on coaches when things don't go the way you feel it should or you don't win as many games as you felt that you should. I hear she has done a great job. The team has been in some games that other felt they would not be in. We have five seniors on our team and our coach has got the girls in some games and taught them alot. Yes I would like to win more games but reality is that we just don't put in the time in fastpitch softbal as we should but that is up to the girls not coaches in HS.

Keep your head up Moore Co. Coach <_<