Coaching in West Tennessee

lifesapitch

What about Coach Clark at Bartlett. The only coach in revent memory with a national championship at Gtown. He has also started the Bartlett program in the right direction. Sitting 18-11 with a week left. They will return all starters next year. Losing only a senior OF in Nate Eason and the closer rhp Steven Thomas.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Coach Clark at Bartlett. The only coach in revent memory with a national championship at Gtown. He has also started the Bartlett program in the right direction. Sitting 18-11 with a week left. They will return all starters next year. Losing only a senior OF in Nate Eason and the closer rhp Steven Thomas.

It’s a lot easer to win at Germantown, especially when you can go out to say….Marshall Academy and get a couple of D-1 players. I’m not taking anything a way for Coach Clark, he may be a great coach but at Germantown any Dixie Youth Coach could will 16 to 18 games a year. If he wins at Bartlett he will over a lot of critics.

BHS, Three hitters? We've got 7 guys hitting over .300, and you fail to mention soph. Tyler Huelsing hitting .460 with 6 hrs. As a team we have 30 hrs in only 20 games with 8 guys having hit one. And one pitcher? Clay Wright pitched last night and shutout out Covington giving up only 5 hits with 13 k's. I believe they beat the Panthers this year. Were 17-3 with losses against Marquette, MO, Collierville(wo/ Overbeck), and Bartlett. Good Wins- Collierville, Houston, 2 Covington, 2 Cordova, 2 Bolton, Bartlett, Jackson NS, and ECS. When have we not produced under the gun? This team lost their first game of the district tourney last year, and with their backs against the wall won six straight to get back to state. Then in the State tourney with one loss already and trailing two runs in the top of the 7th against Oakland they get five runs to advance to the AAA state title game. This year we trailed at Collierville by 3 runs going into the 7th and got 5. That pretty good under Pressure in my opinion.

BHS, Three hitters? We've got 7 guys hitting over .300, and you fail to mention soph. Tyler Huelsing hitting .460 with 6 hrs. As a team we have 30 hrs in only 20 games with 8 guys having hit one. And one pitcher? Clay Wright pitched last night and shutout out Covington giving up only 5 hits with 13 k's. I believe they beat the Panthers this year. Were 17-3 with losses against Marquette, MO, Collierville(wo/ Overbeck), and Bartlett. Good Wins- Collierville, Houston, 2 Covington, 2 Cordova, 2 Bolton, Bartlett, Jackson NS, and ECS. When have we not produced under the gun? This team lost their first game of the district tourney last year, and with their backs against the wall won six straight to get back to state. Then in the State tourney with one loss already and trailing two runs in the top of the 7th against Oakland they get five runs to advance to the AAA state title game. This year we trailed at Collierville by 3 runs going into the 7th and got 5. That pretty good under Pressure in my opinion.

1. I was saying last years team was more talented, what you said about the district tourney adn all was a great example of what I mean. I don't think this years team has that same capability.

2. You are right, you did beat bartlett 12-1 with overbeck pitching, but the next night turned around and got beat 15-1 by the same team. and to back up what i said when they get pressured they arent as good, wright had 2 errors in that game and overbeck had one. there were a couple of very uncharacteristic pass balls by the catcher and overall they just didnt play when the competition came out and handed it to them first and then small balled them to death.

3. Munford is a great team and the best team in our district, they are beatable however and not as talented as last years team.

4. You and I both failed to mention Matt Akin who is a great ball player in his own right. and what pos does huesling play?

BHS, we have hit HRs at Collierville, 4 at Bartlett, 2 at Millington, Covington, 3 at Bolton. We have hit a bunch at home but we have played more home games. And its funny our opponents have not been able to take advantage of our launching pad as you call it with only 5 hrs. I really don't see how your seventh district game with a 6-0 record is a pressure game, seemed just the opposite to me. I think every team melts down once in a season, and you could probably tell our coaches were trying to get our teams attention. Huelsing plays RF and 3b. Good luck in the district, watch out for Bolton those guys are starting to play well.

It’s a lot easer to win at Germantown, especially when you can go out to say….Marshall Academy and get a couple of D-1 players. I’m not taking anything a way for Coach Clark, he may be a great coach but at Germantown any Dixie Youth Coach could will 16 to 18 games a year. If he wins at Bartlett he will over a lot of critics.

charger fan coach clark won the national title in 1995 and that year all his players came ujp through his program there weren't any D-1 transfers also he has coached in the area code game in which his region that he coached won, also he has served on the U.S. jr. national team twice assist coach one year and head coach the other the year he was head coach the team won gold also he was ranked as the number 2 coach of the 1990's by baseball america in my opinion thats a pretty good coach

p.s. thats not talkin ab out the state tournaments he went to at g'town and the state championships he won at a small private school called sky-view before he went to g'town

Tommy densford from munford is one of the best coaches not only in west tn, but tn period. he is a little out there and hard to play for but i promise you he knows what he is talkin bout. he has unbelievable talent this year. he has goulder, overbeck, wright, and akin. these kids have been together for a VERY LONG TIME, and they know how to play together and win. i look for them to be very good at tournament time.

also, cliff anglin is a very good coach. he doesnt have the talent needed to win at scotts hill, but if he did have a litlle talent he could propably take a team to state.he always tells his kids" u got three cuts, make them count."WHAT A COACH

Phil Clark, Tommy Densford, Jeff Hopkins, and Allan Pavette are probably the cream of the crop in and around Memphis. I'm sure i'm leaving someone out, because it never fails, but these guys are top notch. Joe Bridges does a great job, his teams are always prepared to play. In Rural West Tn, I have already mentioned Jason Pattersonat Lexington. Randy Harrell at North Side is a great coach and you'll have to look hard to find someone who knows the game any better. Johnny Growe at South Side is a great guy that I would let my son play for. Donnie Joyner at Milan does a great job.