Wartburg vs Coalfield

GIBSONJ

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer damages a football program more than the benefit that one kicker would bring. Oh, and the kicker at CAK is good but did he keep the clock too? The guys from Oneida can attest to this problem. They have been a powerhouse in football for our region many years. When soccer came, the football program began to suffer.

Now as to classification = quality. If it doesn't maybe all the plans for classifcation should be thrown out and let everybody play everybody in one classification. I don't think that will happen. I really don't think CAK, Oneida, Coalfield, Wartburg, or these small schools can compete with Fulton, Bearden, Gibbs, Oak Ridge, M'bor Riverdale or the likes. Thus the reason for class. While there may not be a big difference in a single A school like Oneida and Wartburg probably 150 students with half girls cutting football to max of 75 more to choose from the difference between Wartburg and Coalfield is 194 to over 500 students at Wartburg. That is over 300 students different with 150 of those girls there is still a 150 boys more to choose from not including those already playing. The talent pool doubles. So yeah there is some stock in classification.

As for Union County. That was a good football game, they had some talent but for an injury or two they could have won it.

As for Jellico, they are single a in Football and have been down. When we played them we even used freshmen and eigth graders before the first half was over.

As for Harriman, they are double a, have had a pitful record for years. They also are suffering economically. Heck their bleachers were condemned last year. No money in a program=disaster.

Now, my other points are valid unless you found something to dispute them. I don't think you did or you would have pointed them out.

Thanks.

Edited by CYJacket

Hey CY, you keep asking everyone to use facts, Then please tell us when Harriman ever won a state championship. I am certain the FACTS will verify that Harriman played in the title game one time, but were defeated by David Lipscomb, my alma mater. If you continue to ask that arguments be based on factual information. Perhaps you could verify your own information, and not spend too much time bickering with individuals that have already explained, they are only a bunch of kids.

Hey CY, you keep asking everyone to use facts, Then please tell us when Harriman ever won a state championship.  I am certain the FACTS will verify that Harriman played in the title game one time, but were defeated by David Lipscomb, my alma mater.  If you continue to ask that arguments be based on factual information.  Perhaps you could verify your own information, and not spend too much time bickering with individuals that have already explained, they are only a bunch of kids.

Ok, your right it has been changed and rearranged. But these kids and I have had this arguement for a while. It is just a tradition. Read above that it aint real serious.

Edited by CYJacket

I'm confused, I was looking at the NFL draft stats on each player on draft day. They had WR/DB picks that didn't run 4.4s.

I'm even more confused about the named players. One lives in Oakdale, one in Wartburg and the other was from Clinton. How did they end up in Coalfield? The strong academics I guess.

Morgan County does not have to worry about consolidation of the schools. Coalfield has already taken care of the situation for them.

Cheap Gas Alert!!!!

I have seen MPG buying gas several times at the Oakdale Fuel Center. For someone who has "moved" to Coalfield he is driving a long way to buy gas. Must be really cheap!!!!

I'm confused, I was looking at the NFL draft stats on each player on draft day. They had WR/DB picks that didn't run 4.4s.

I'm even more confused about the named players. One lives in Oakdale, one in Wartburg and the other was from Clinton. How did they end up in Coalfield? The strong academics I guess.

Morgan County does not have to worry about consolidation of the schools. Coalfield has already taken care of the situation for them.

Cheap Gas Alert!!!!

I have seen MPG buying gas several times at the Oakdale Fuel Center. For someone who has "moved" to Coalfield he is driving a long way to buy gas. Must be really cheap!!!!

Who is the player named living in Wartburg? I buy gas in Oliver Springs, does that mean I live there. I have family that lives there, I could be visiting. Heck, I bought gas in Solway yesterday, I don't even remember moving there, must have using this logic.

No use of the C word about schools, I'm in this thing deep enough without that subject comming up.

This is such a fun rivalry. I agree with every one on not being able to wait for it to happen.

Now seriously,

Coalfield is short a QB. Their speed has improved and speed kills. However, it will not injure an ant if it can't get through a line that is not blocking or able to block.

Wartburg lost almost two dozen players several of which started and were key, namely a talented quarterback like Coalfield lost theirs. Call that even but Wartburg's new one may have more experience. The line is gonna be a toss also. Three young men up front for the dogs will be an asset but Coalfield has three that are comming on also. Problem is Offensive lines don't face each other. Coalfield's defensive line will be medocre at best. The linebackers however are seasoned and have gotten bigger, faster and smarter. Gaps will have to be filled at this level.

Coalfield should have no problem with pass defense. THIS SHOULD BE THE STRONGEST AREA FOR THE JACKETS.

All in all they are about even this year again, no matter what craz says they did not dominate Coalfield last year, Coalfield dominated themselves with mistakes. The ballgame was within at touchdown with less than 3 min. to go.

Gonna give the edge to Wartburg with Coalfield capable of winning but not as an upset. Just winning cause they can.

First of all MPG was fastest in the region last year and ran a 4.5. I think we will be the fastest team in the region/county this year. Whoever said that about D1 schools looking at Coalfield, yes you dont know if they have or havnt. You will find out when me and mpg deside where we are going to college. In 4 months I went from a 4.9 legit to a high 4.5 low 4.6 legit. Yea, I wanna beat wartburg but that isnt on my top concern for next year. Wartburg doesnt have a chance against anyone in the region besides Harriman all they care about it county champs which doesnt matter to me. We have 3 people legit 4.6 and below this year. Don't belive me you dont have to you all can find out when we play how fast we are. Sure your line might be better than ours but it isnt gonna be nothing like last year because no lineman worked out last year.

First of all MPG was fastest in the region last year and ran a 4.5. I think we will be the fastest team in the region/county this year. Whoever said that about D1 schools looking at Coalfield, yes you dont know if they have or havnt. You will find out when me and mpg deside where we are going to college. In 4 months I went from a 4.9 legit to a high 4.5 low 4.6 legit. Yea, I wanna beat wartburg but that isnt on my top concern for next year. Wartburg doesnt have a chance against anyone in the region besides Harriman all they care about it county champs which doesnt matter to me. We have 3 people legit 4.6 and below this year. Don't belive me you dont have to you all can find out when we play how fast we are. Sure your line might be better than ours but it isnt gonna be nothing like last year because no lineman worked out last year.

Keep this attitude I might change my mind.

Step up and lead 25 you and mpg. It will be fun.